??Beany Banana Bread??

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So, I have a rather aged banana, and I was wondering what to do with it? (Pre-SBD I would make some banana bread / Muffins).
    So I was wondering if there was some beany bread/ muffin concoction out there that anyone could point me in the direction of (I know I could make them with ww flour, but that doesn't really seem like a wise idea for me... being a banana bread hound)

Please send any suggestions my way (no matter how random)

***Also, sorry to anyone who clicked on this msg thinking I would be an exciting new recipe***
  • I have used banana in the mock snack cake recipe. I think I topped it with blueberries too (we had them to use ). This is a great recipe if you are comfortable playing with it.
  • Another way to use that banana would be in Nessa's Oatmeal Bars. Here is the link to that recipe -

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/brea...essa-bars.html

You can find lots of other yummy recipes for banana bread and more in the recipes section of our forum.
  • Yum, thanks for the reminder Cottage - I haven't made Nessa Bars in a really long time. It's supposed to cool down the end of the week so I'm looking forward to a little baking.
  • I freeze them and then use them in smoothies or sorbets.
  • i've been playing around with the mock snack cake recently trying to make a banana bread. My family goes crazy for banana bread and it is unfortunately one of those things that I just can't have in the house. I'll post when I come up with something that resembles my old favorite BB.
  • Zeff, et al...

Have you tried this recipe???
    Banana would work great in it.
    I used olive oil in it and no olive oil taste when done
  • You know, honestly, I still just made banana bread. I used whole wheat flour instead of regular. Instead of the 1C of sugar, I used 3/4 cup of sugar and truvia. Instead of the stick of butter I used 3/4 cup smart balance. It still came out delicious. I have been using whole wheat flour to make it and sometimes I use real butter and every time I still lose. You just have to watch how much you eat of it. It's still delicious(well, I don't know the specifics of your recipe) and I don't know how welcome it is to say this here but, I think it's the whole wheat flour and if you eat this bread daily you will sure be regular!

I liked it so much with the WW flour that I think I made it about 4 times in two weeks. And I still lost weight.
  • Could you post the recipe for the banana bread?...Sounds wonderful...
  • Quote: Could you post the recipe for the banana bread?...Sounds wonderful...

I'll post it tonight. I have it at home(I'm at work).
  • I just made applesauce (no sugar, just cooked apples from our trees) to make this banana bread. It sounds good!
  • Quote: I just made applesauce (no sugar, just cooked apples from our trees) to make this banana bread. It sounds good!

Oh I bet that's nice and moist. Please post that recipe!
  • Resty, I've made banana bread that is OP before, but it is one of those trigger foods for me and it's just easier to not have it in the house. I don't know what it is about it.

Cat, that looks great!
  • Quote: Resty, I've made banana bread that is OP before, but it is one of those trigger foods for me and it's just easier to not have it in the house. I don't know what it is about it.

Cat, that looks great!
    Yeah. I'm sure I shouldn't have either because once I made it(it was the first time making it while I was on the SB diet but I didn't want the bananas to go to waste), I just wanted more and more. I did limit how much I ate but, yeah, I wound up making it many more times in a very little time period. I actually got sick of it but, after this thread...well...I may be making it again soon!
  • Here's one I posted a long time ago here. I haven't made it in a long time, but it was very good.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/misc...eat-bread.html