Short chicks, what's your ideal weight?

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • I'm 5'3, with large hips, a large bust, and a medium frame. 120-135 is my ideal weight, and I imagine my body will stop budging around then. I'm not sure, since I haven't been that low in eight years.
  • I'm 5 1, currently 134, my present goal is 125 and bill see once I get there how I feel about it.
  • I honestly have no idea. I have not been under 150 since I was 16 but I felt so good about myself at the time so for now the goal weight is 150 then I will re-evaluate once I get there.

ETA: I'm 5'2ish.
  • I have trouble defining an ideal weight, because although I think I weight a lot, I'm still pretty small...right now I'm between 138-140, but I'm a size 4 (some pants are a 2 even). I know weight looks different on everyone (muscle vs. fat, frame size, etc.) so I'm curious as to what people have to say about this factor in ideal weight?
  • For me, now (at age 45) 125 is my ideal weight - I am 5'2". When I was younger, I maintained at 114-115 lbs. I will say - it was not easy, though. After two more children and whatnot - I will be very, VERY happy to reach 125 which in my mind is perfect.
  • I am 5'3" when I was between 115 and 120 I felt I looked great. But I had hard time maintaining myself there. My body "liked" being 120-125.
  • Michou, I noticed are stats are quite similar. Do you mind me asking how long it has taken to get to your current weight - and what exercise/diet you are following?

Thank you!!
  • I'm 5'4" with a small-medium frame (not too petite) and a short torso. I think I looked my best around freshman year of college, around 110, but my goal right now is to get down to 115 with muscle tone and reevaluate.
  • I'm 5'2 and a 1/2 and currently weigh 137, my goal weight has always been 125, however I'm already pretty sure that once I get there I would like to then set a goal of 115 although I will make that decision at 125. I currently wear a medium top, but those are a little loose on me sometimes, depending on the style or what store it's from. I wear a size 6 pants, again...depending on where it's from, for instance I just bought pants from Victoria's Secret online and they are a size 6 and are a bit snug (will button but I for sure have muffin top and the thighs and butt are tight) on me so I can't wear them currently, but my size 6 jeans from American Eagle are a bit loose.
  • IM 5'1 3/4 and my goal weight is 133 .. I might change the weight goal once I hit the 130's but that depends on how My body looks at that stage.
  • Quote: I LOVE hearing from people our height--there's not many of us! I started at 157 too!!

As far as I know, I've never been as low as the weight I am now. And I definitely haven't gotten as far down as 115. I'm incredibly excited to see what I'll look like at that weight. If you don't mind me asking, what pant size were you at 115?
    at 115 I was a size 5. At 110 I was between size 3-5. However I am very curvy..i have a lot of junk in trunk so I need a little extra room in my pants in the hip area. I wore a size 5 but I always needed a belt around my waist or I would have a gap in my jeans.
  • Quote: I have trouble defining an ideal weight, because although I think I weight a lot, I'm still pretty small...right now I'm between 138-140, but I'm a size 4 (some pants are a 2 even). I know weight looks different on everyone (muscle vs. fat, frame size, etc.) so I'm curious as to what people have to say about this factor in ideal weight?
    Agree completely. I'm 5'2.5 and am very happy when I'm around 125, even though most people my height would aim for about 110-115. Though I'm small framed, I'm very curvy and have an athletic build, so at 125 I'm in small and petite clothes. It's all in where the weight is and knowing what is right for your own body. Mine would be very unhappy if I even thought about dipping below 120.
  • Hey everyone! I don't know if you'd consider me a featherweight yet but as of this morning I was 149.8 lbs Anyways-- I'm 5'2 and I have never been in the 140's for as long as I can remember let alone 120's. But I have a large body frame and I would initially like to be 120-125 lbs. It gets lower and lower the closer I get to my goal weight and I continue to drop it. 140 was my unhealthy & original goal because I've never seen it before but now only being 9 lbs from that GW..It's time to bring it down!
  • I'm 5'4 and in college was at 115 and thin I never really purposefully exercised but I would walk a lot because I didn't have a car. I think I want to get to 120 and see what my thighs look like (I have a filthy pear shape and hate it). I'm 130 now and my thighs and hips are still trouble some. Glad hear from us short to not as tall people.
  • I am 5'2, I have a medium to large frame and in all honestly, I am shooting for 115 to 120. I have weighed 118 (smallest adult weight) and I looked and felt great and definitely feel like I could have been 5 lbs smaller. If I can get there now, no idea, but I definitely going to try to reach at least 120.