Fluffy whole-wheat/cottage cheese Pancakes!

• These are DELICIOUS. and fluffy as promised. I found this recipe and changed & added some ingredients to make it SBD friendly. They were SUPERB and a filling treat.

Ingredients

1 cup whole-wheat flour
    1/4 cup golden flax seed (optional, but it adds more nutritional benefit to your pancakes)
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    2 tablespoons dry sugar replacement (Splenda or Nevella is a good option)
    4 eggs
    1 cup low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese
    1/2 cup fat free milk
    2 tablespoons canola oil (you want a heart-healthy, and mild/neutral tasting oil)
    Cooking spray (or oil droplets as I used because I don't have any cooking spray)

In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, cottage cheese, milk and oil. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and whisk until completely blended.

Spray a large skillet or griddle with cooking spray then heat over medium heat. Working in batches, form each pancake by spooning about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet. Cook, flipping pancakes once, until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes total. Transfer to plates and serve.

Serve with sugar-free syrup (I used Cary's) and/or fresh fruit. You could mix some fruit in the batter, maybe some vanilla, too.
  • Sounds yummy! How many did you get out of this recipe? I would substitute Splenda for the sugar.
  • Quote: Sounds yummy! How many did you get out of this recipe? I would substitute Splenda for the sugar.
    OOPS!!!! Sorry about that! I did use Splenda, and forgot to edit that out and put that instead of the sugar. Sorry about that guys! Big oops there. Thanks Murphmitch!!

Also, it makes about 4 yummy fluffy filling pancakes. The recipe says it serves 4 and 1 is plenty. I admit, DS had 2, I had 2 as brunch.