getting this show on the road...

• Hello,

I am starting this journey today! I have 107 pounds to go. Wow, that is such a large number, but I want it so badly. I want to join in a challenge and weekly weigh ins. I am still trying to navigate through the site, so as soon as I find them I will join.
  • Jessi, welcome! You're gonna love this place.

My advice is to try not to focus on having 100 pounds to go. It is just waaaay too overwhelming and can too easily lead you to give up because you think you can't.

That's like looking at a huge mountain and thinking you could never climb it. When all you really need to do is look at the ground in front of you and take one small step, over and over again.

Focus on 5 lbs or 10 lbs. Visualize yourself being successful. Imagine it. See it. Believe it.

Don't expect to be perfect. And always remember that you're only one meal away from healthy eating.

• Thanks so much! I am focused on getting down to 240 right now. I can do this as long as I focus on 10 pound increments.
  • Hello Jessi,

Welcome!. Good luck with your efforts!
  • I've found that focusing on the weight itself overwhelms me, and every little skip of the scale discourages me.

This time, I'm focusing much more on MY BEHAVIORS, which are the catalyst of change, rather than on the scale which is the result of my behavior. So, for instance, I focus on planning my food every day, and recording my calories and carbs, and exercising more frequently. And when I do those things, the result is that I lose weight.
  • Welcome!!! Stay focused & committed. I know you can do this!! I look forward to reading more from you & hearing of your successes

synger - I like your line of thinking!
  • Welcome! Good Luck! Just remember take it one day at a time, one pound at a time.