What Are You Listening To This Week?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I know there are already 692 threads about music and exercising which include lists of people's favorite songs. But I thought it would be fun to have a thread where we can post our playlist of the week. I'm a music freak!

What are you listening to this week?

I'm doing Week 5 of Couch to 5K this week, and these are my playlists:

C25K W5 V1

Whole New You - Shawn Colvin (warm-up)
    Let’s Get It Started - Black Eyed Peas
    Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) - Mika
    Check Yes Juliet - We The Kings
    Catgroove - Parov Stellar
    Don’t Upset The Rhythm/Go Baby Go - Noisettes
    Hard to Believe - VOTA
    You Can Walk On Water <DJ Encore> - Johanna Stedt
    Touch The Horizon - Big City Rock

C25K W5 V2

You Cry A Tear To Start A River - Between The Trees (warm-up)
    The Best Thing <Euro Stax Mix> - Avalon
    Don’t Stop Me Now - Queen
    Move Along - All-American Rejects
    Unstoppable - E.S. Posthumus
    We Are The Champions (Ding A Dang Dong) - Crazy Frog
    It’s On - Superchick
    Airplanes - B.o.B.
    Earthquake - Little Boots
  • C25K W6

Learning To Breathe - Nerina Pallot (warm-up)
    I Just Wanna Run - Downtown Fiction
    Rebel Yell - Energ!zer
    The Warrior’s Code - Dropkick Murphys
    You Gotta Move - Sy Klopps
    Fighter - Christina Aguilera
    Destiny - Vanessa Mae
    Bad Romance <DJ Dan Remix> - Lady Gaga
    This Love - Maroon 5
    Piece of My Heart - Melissa Etheridge
  • Maybe this is just me, but I think that pop dance music helps me keep going when I'm working out (such as Shakira)
  • Quote: Maybe this is just me, but I think that pop dance music helps me keep going when I'm working out (such as Shakira)
    I almost always have a dance song or two on my playlists. Great tempo and very high energy!
  • Ok, I think this qualifies as the least popular thread in 3FC history! Oh well, here's my playlist for the week.

C25K W7

Looking Good, Feeling Gorgeous - RuPaul (warm-up)
    Best Imitation of Myself - Benfolds Five (warm-up)

Shark in the Water - VV Brown
    Dive vs All Fall Down vs Get Down - Steven Curtis Chapman/Grits/Audio Adrenaline
    Bring Me Some Water - Melissa Etheridge
    Up In Smoke - Scooter
    Caramelldancen - Caramell
    Hold On Tight - ELO
    The Answer - Automatic Loveletter
    Bulletproof <Manhattan Clique Mix> - La Roux
    Kick - INXS
  • Nickelback I just love them, and they get me GOING!!!!!!
  • For my "formal" workout I'm listening to the music Chalene plays on the Turbo Jam dvds. I LOVE those songs, they fire me up and get me ready to go!

But when I'm doing my "informal" workout, aka dancing with my two year old daughter, we listen to other stuff that my daughter chooses. This week our favorite songs to dance to are "Boom Boom Boom Boom" by the Venga Boys and "Giddy Up" by Laura Bell Bundy. We're also liking DragonForce, especially "Operation Ground and Pound" because it's good for making you want to jump around like a crazy person and headbang.
  • Quote: Nickelback I just love them, and they get me GOING!!!!!!
    Nickelback has some great songs! They're a little to heavy for me for running though.

Quote: But when I'm doing my "informal" workout, aka dancing with my two year old daughter, we listen to other stuff that my daughter chooses. This week our favorite songs to dance to are "Boom Boom Boom Boom" by the Venga Boys and "Giddy Up" by Laura Bell Bundy. We're also liking DragonForce, especially "Operation Ground and Pound" because it's good for making you want to jump around like a crazy person and headbang.
    Oh my..."Operation Ground and Pound" is seriously hardcore! "Caramelldancen" by Caramell has a similar sound to that Venga Boys song...you might like it.
  • I forgot to post my Week 8 playlist at the beginning of the week. Here it is:

C25K W8

Gravity - from Wicked soundtrack (warm-up)

Love Game <Chew Fu Ghettohouse Fix> - Lada Gaga
    Viva La Vida - Coldplay
    Invincible - Pat Benatar
    La Traviata - José Carreras
    Ain’t Nothing Wrong With That - Robert Randolph & The Family Band
    Burning Up - Madonna
    Our Lawyer Made Us Change The Name of This Song So We Wouldn’t Get Sued - Fallout Boy
    Spike Heeled Stomp - Eric Erkstand
    Dream On Dreamer - Cascada
    Pressing On - Reliant K
    The First Time - Tesla
  • This week I've been listening to Eminem's "Recovery" album, and my go-to exercise cd, "Hellbilly Deluxe" by Rob Zombie. That one really gets me moving!

Rochester, I think maybe I'll take some inspiration from your lists....
    I don't mix it up too much...
  • Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix - by Phoenix
  • I love hard rock when I'm lifting weights, but enjoy techno while doing any form of cardio. For weights I usually listen to stuff like Nickelback (not their ballads), Godsmack, Alice in Chains, Linkin Park, Limp Biskit, Green Day, Rise Against, Sick Puppies, Slip Knot...stuff like that. For cardio I love David Guetta, Tiesto, Fedde Le Grand, Deadmau5, etc...anything with a great beat and heavy drums...lol. I dont' have one genre of music that I listen to constantly. Most people cringe when they listen to my stuff because it's all over the place. On a playlist I could have Marlyn Manson followed by Justin Beiber!
  • I'm starting to think I'm the exception to the rule in my dislike of "heavy" running music like rap and metal.
  • Quote: Rochester, I think maybe I'll take some inspiration from your lists....I don't mix it up too much...
    I definitely put together some eclectic playlists - Broadway, neoswing, Top 40, punk pop, dance, 80s pop, classical crossover, and even opera!
  • Two words: Girl Talk!
    It gets me so pumped up, so much fun to listen to.

If you haven't heard of him before (he's a DJ), he mixes little bits of realllly different songs and genres together, makes it sound great, and often times better than the original songs. Here's a good one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JBAxkZun3s it starts off a little vulgar but I just love the beat, haha.