IP Weekly Chat July 19th-25th

You're on Page 28 of 30
Go to
  • Quote: happy Sunday everyone!

something very odd happened this morning; my scale actually shows 125. I calibrated it with my weights and all but still its 125ish. Hard to believe really so we'll see on tuesday.
    Maybe you've discovered the secret to speeding up your metabolism: Muesli and Cherry Garcia? (LOL) Regardless, do the happy dance!!! 125 yeehaa!!!
  • Quote: Maybe you've discovered the secret to speeding up your metabolism: Muesli and Cherry Garcia? (LOL) Regardless, do the happy dance!!! 125 yeehaa!!!
    probably eh?? just need to write a book about it and sell it in packets. Aside from that its my pre TOM time too, as in it should start on tuesday, meaning I usually drop a couple after that too. seriously though, I think its every time I shock my body with something different. Doubt it was good ole C Garcia but think it was the carb loading in the morning.

I don't trust nothing till I stand on that big scale on Tuesday at 5:30 pm!!!
  • Quote: I have been doing IP for 3 weeks and doing well. We are going away for the weekend next week and I was thinking about having a planned cheat for 1 day. Was thinking I may have a cocktail or 2. I am not planning to be out of control but just didn't want to have to deal with packets and bars as we are going with a group of people. Will this defeat everything I have done so far? I haven't cheated yet.
    Couple of thoughts: I believe (through this forum and my own experience, not scientific) that the first 10-11 weeks are where you have the opportunity to lose the most amount of weight. Anything you do to jeopordize that during that first time means that you're proglonging the amount of time on the diet. Also, someone once calculated the amount of money that a cheat day costs you in phase one, I don't remember what it is, but i'm generally cheap and its not worth it.

Also, you might not feel great after, for a couple of days. Take a look at the IP tips for Traveling, that may help you on how to pack for the weekend -- it's not hard, just takes some prep on your part. The ready to drink is key to traveling for me.

Having said all that, my only cheat on the diet was one vodka/soda/lime a few weeks into the diet. I was at a wedding, and simply couldn't get away with not drinking something, I nursed it all night so it always looked like I had a cocktail in my hands. Honestly, it didn't affect me, I worked out a little extra to burn the calories and lost the same normal 3.5 pounds that week.

Good luck, whatever you decide.
  • Quote: ...plus we have a new Sea Do to go try out...needless to say, I'm going to be behind forever!

Taylor, congrats on the job and move! Are you moving to a new town?
    Quote: Lord, this is so exciting now that it's happening. Two new beginnings! Go for it!
    Quote: Taylor
    congrats on the move and the new job!!

I GOT MY VICTORIAS SECRET BIKINI TODAY!!!!!!!(with top and bottoms not two tops like last time)

thinking of posting a pic but it's very itsy bitsy and i wouldn't want to offend anyone with the ample bosom involved i'll think about it...
    Thanks guys! I'm excited. I'm staying here with a friend until the weekend, but then I'm off to better places!

Roz So when I am up that way next time I need to ride this Sea Do
    Erin You look GOOD! We're not offended, we like it

Quote: I have been doing IP for 3 weeks and doing well. We are going away for the weekend next week and I was thinking about having a planned cheat for 1 day. Was thinking I may have a cocktail or 2. I am not planning to be out of control but just didn't want to have to deal with packets and bars as we are going with a group of people. Will this defeat everything I have done so far? I haven't cheated yet.
    At our clinic, we say no cheats for the first 6 weeks. That's the amount of time it takes to get your pancreas to sleep. No need to stir it up!

Quote: deinekatze - I noticed that you live in GA as well. Not many people on this forum are from here. What part of town are you in? I'm in Marietta.
    Two of my favorite 3FCers are from GA! I wonder if anyone else from AR is out there...? Seems like its just me and TAB, my coach/boss
  • Also, just got an email from Lindora that they are having a 25% off sale through tomorrow, for those of you who dabble in non-IP products.
  • I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm down 25 lbs total so far. My hubby is down 18 lbs. Needless to say we are very pleased and doing this diet together has been great! We keep each other on track. He loves to cook and made us the most wonderful stuffed portabella mushrooms for lunch (crab meat stuffing).
    We cleaned our closets out this morning too. We don't want to ever gain this weight back so all the big stuff has to go. He was busting out of his size 40 pants now his 38's are roomy. My 18's are all way too big and the sixteens are really loose. My size 14 dresses that I haven't worn in years all fit! alright a few are still a bit tight but wow ,just being able to zip them up was fantastic! I haven't fit into these things in over four years! it is sort of like going out and buying a whole new wardrobe with no cost attached - this could also justify the cost of dieting. : )
  • Quote: We cleaned our closets out this morning too. We don't want to ever gain this weight back so all the big stuff has to go. He was busting out of his size 40 pants now his 38's are roomy. My 18's are all way too big and the sixteens are really loose. My size 14 dresses that I haven't worn in years all fit! alright a few are still a bit tight but wow ,just being able to zip them up was fantastic! I haven't fit into these things in over four years! it is sort of like going out and buying a whole new wardrobe with no cost attached - this could also justify the cost of dieting. : )
    Enjoy them while you can... before long they'll all be too big!!
  • Wow, there's so much to read! Every time this week when I wanted to write, I would sit down to read all the posts and by the time I caught up I didn't have anymore time left. Congrats to all of you for your victories this week, big or small we've all had some.

My WI this week was -4 lbs (that's 19 so far), which is good because I really didn't like last weeks 1.8lbs. I only had 4 measurements taken at the beginning (bust, waist, hips and one thigh), and it hasn't been redone - I'm 4 1/2 weeks in. And I only have had my weight taken, no body fat, muscle or anything like that. I'm so curious how some of you know that you lost a certain % or weight of fat versus muscle.

I think I posted this already but I can't quite remember so I'll say it again just in case, for those struggling with the Big C, taking probiotics has worked for me. And it's not addicitve, it's just putting healthy bacteria back into you (I think it was Erin who I remember mentioning it, and your picture looks fabulous BTW).

My NSV's-
    I made it through this weekend and when last checked I'm still in ketosis.
    On Friday my DH and I went out for dinner, I had some prawns for an appetizer (and let my DH eat the very yummy smelling garlic bread served with it). Then I had steak with broccoli and asperagus. I ate more than 5 oz of meat, but I did cut all the fatty parts off the steak and didn't eat any carbs, so I felt pretty good about that.
    Yesterday was a wedding and I didn't drink any wine, that was probably the hardest. Gave my DH my :bun, salad (because it fruit all over it and a raspberry vinagrette), potato, carrots (I ate the 5 or 6 snow peas that were on the plate), and my dessert. And I tried not to eat the gravy on the chicken.
    Then today I was out for Dim Sum for my in-laws 45th anniversary. It's a chinese meal where everything is wrapped in a dough made of rice flour. I haven't said much to my in-laws about my diet because they are both Dr's and would have way too many opinions that they would not keep to themselves. And if they were worried about it's safety the would call everyday to warn me of the dangers and tell me to stop, seriously. I'm grateful that they were distracted by the kids so I could pick at my food, and I stuffed the dough parts into a napkin on my lap. Sounds crazy, but it was just easier.

I am happy to be done with eating out for a while, I don't know how some of you do it so much, I guess maybe it gets easier with practice. But kudos to you anyway!!

Since that was very long I think I'll quit now. Hope you all have a lovely Sunday!!!!!
  • Hi I'm new to this forum and I have been wanting to do this diet for awhile now. I just literally can't afford it. And I mean that when I say that. I just recently applied for food stamps, and I use WIC for my twins (they are one years old). My husband was collecting unemployment and then that ran out. He did find a job and just started working, but it's not for very much money at all. And I don't work, but I am looking to find work soon. My doctor had given me a handout on the diet back in January and ever since I've wanted to do it. I sort of tried for a week back in April,, but I gave up. I know most of it is from a lack of support. I have read up on this diet and researched it enough to know how to replace this diet similarly. It may come to 100-200 calories more per day, but that is how I will have to do it. I know the most important part of it is in the beginning and getting into ketosis. Anyway, I know that this is a lifestyle change as well, and not just another diet. The diet is actually the easy part. Losing weight is easier. It's keeping it off that I find the hardest, as I always go right back into bad eating habits. I'm sure many of you would agree.
    I hope most of you can understand my situation and not turn your noses up at me since I won't be buying any protein packets. I just really need support and I truly can't afford this diet, but I want to do it.
    So as of today I have started. Well halfway. I had chips today and two reese's peanut butter cups for breakfast and lunch (so terrible isn't it??) But then I decided none of that let's start tomorrow crap and decided RIGHT NOW! And then I had a protein shake and felt better.
    So for once in my life I will actually commit to something 100%. And then maybe I can commit 100% to my novel....
  • Quote: Hi I'm new to this forum and I have been wanting to do this diet for awhile now. I just literally can't afford it. And I mean that when I say that. I just recently applied for food stamps, and I use WIC for my twins (they are one years old). My husband was collecting unemployment and then that ran out. He did find a job and just started working, but it's not for very much money at all. And I don't work, but I am looking to find work soon. My doctor had given me a handout on the diet back in January and ever since I've wanted to do it. I sort of tried for a week back in April,, but I gave up. I know most of it is from a lack of support. I have read up on this diet and researched it enough to know how to replace this diet similarly. It may come to 100-200 calories more per day, but that is how I will have to do it. I know the most important part of it is in the beginning and getting into ketosis. Anyway, I know that this is a lifestyle change as well, and not just another diet. The diet is actually the easy part. Losing weight is easier. It's keeping it off that I find the hardest, as I always go right back into bad eating habits. I'm sure many of you would agree.
    I hope most of you can understand my situation and not turn your noses up at me since I won't be buying any protein packets. I just really need support and I truly can't afford this diet, but I want to do it.
    So as of today I have started. Well halfway. I had chips today and two reese's peanut butter cups for breakfast and lunch (so terrible isn't it??) But then I decided none of that let's start tomorrow crap and decided RIGHT NOW! And then I had a protein shake and felt better.
    So for once in my life I will actually commit to something 100%. And then maybe I can commit 100% to my novel....
    There are plenty of us here who follow IP protocol, but don't use IP products, for one reason or another... I myself don't have access to a coach or clinic that sells the stuff, but even if I did, I too would find it difficult to justify the cost... the IP products might make it easier, but I'm making it work with what I've got... so, go for it, you can do it... welcome...

hugs
  • Quote:

At our clinic, we say no cheats for the first 6 weeks. That's the amount of time it takes to get your pancreas to sleep. No need to stir it up!
    (
    For people who don't have access to a coach, or are alternative, I think this kind of advice is invaluable, and also a good incentive. Thanks, a lot.
  • Thanks for all your advise! I am just so torn because I have been putting along and found willpower I have never had before, although I have just resently started to feel a little deprived and some nights when I am home alone with my kids I am finding harder to resist temptation. I thought it was supposed to get easier after a few weeks. I was thinking if I was going to cheat, a planned cheat may be better than just losing it on stupid stuff. I appreciate your support and advise!
  • Quote: Thanks for all your advise! I am just so torn because I have been putting along and found willpower I have never had before, although I have just resently started to feel a little deprived and some nights when I am home alone with my kids I am finding harder to resist temptation. I thought it was supposed to get easier after a few weeks. I was thinking if I was going to cheat, a planned cheat may be better than just losing it on stupid stuff. I appreciate your support and advise!
    Be strong. You can do this. Don't start down the "slippery slope." You're on a path to change your life, and you are the one in control... no one else. Don't let yourself fall back into the old habits that got you to where you need this program. I can promise you that putting all that aside and plugging your way through is absolutely worth it. Keep that willpower going. You will be so glad you did... and amazed at what you can accomplish.
  • Quote: Novak and Chelle-- Thanks for the suggestions Novak. I like the approach you took. Like Chelle, I am going away in early September. Florence, Tuscany and Venice.
    I think there may be a bonus built into you trip that you may not realize. You walk everywhere, or at very least a lot. Capitalize on it!
  • Just checking in. I have had a pretty good day today. I went to the mall and tried on suits for an interview. I was down almost 2 sizes. The pants are still a little too tight, but I will fit in them soon!
    I wish all of you a great week!
    Tina Lou