Cardio Queens #1 - Let's Move!

You're on Page 7 of 9
Go to
  • Hello everyone. I am new to this exercising thread. I have been exercising for about 3 weeks now (6 days a week). I am up to a 5 minute walk and then 25 minute jog and then another 5 minute walk to slow down. I then stretch all of my muscles real good after.
    That is pretty much all I do but it is quite an accomplishment for me. I have NEVER been able to job - so I am soooooooo proud of myself. I have been just building myself up a little further every day.
    Good luck to all and I am so glad that I found you!!!!
  • Hi Moe!

I'm somewhat new at this thread too.

Your exercise sounds fine! I like ellipticals most days and running once or twice a week. I also am strength training and I feel my muscles are stronger.

Hi CD and Taunya!

Sandi
  • I know this is a stupid question, but what is ellipticals?? I have never heard of that term.......Someone, please help me out!!
    Thanks and KEEP MOVING YOUR BOD!!!!
  • Hi!

Ellipticals are the machine that you stand upright and hold onto either a stationary bar or a swinging bar. Your feet stand on "plates" and you swish your feet back and forth. Actually your feet move in an elliptical motion, hence, the name.

Sandi
  • Thanks ilovemyluckycat for the explanation. I understand now.

Well, today I did something that I have NEVER done in my life.....NEVER. I jogged for a whole 1/2 hour (30 minutes). It might not sound like a lot to most of you but it is a first for me.

I started a food and goal journal and everday I would write, my goal is to jog for 30 minutes. Well, today I did it.

O.k. enough of tooting my own horn for now. It is just I do very few remarkable things these days. I am trying though!!

Hope everyone else has been MOVING thier BODIES!!!!!
  • moe you are awesome!

Jogging for 30 min. is tough. I have run at 6.0 for 30 minutes and it takes a lot. I don't know what speed you run at, but I know what you have done. Good for you!!!

I really enjoy exercising and being fit.\

What did you say your goals were? For me I want to run 3.2 miles at least once a week. Work my time for this into the 28 minute range. Run a 5 K race and get less than 28 minutes. Loose weight while exercising and running (40 more pounds ) and stay muscular and fit throughout life.

cd and tanya: what are your goals as "cardio queens"?

Sandi
  • Where is everyone at???I know "ilovemyluckycat" and I aren't the only one MOVING!!!!

My exercise goals:
    6 days of week - to jog 30 minutes a day and walk 10 minutes. (Yesterday I jogged 35 minutes!! WOW)

Posibly start to weight train soon ( don't know about that yet)

Stretch and Stretch Some more.
  • Hi everyone it is nice to see new people to join us. I have a goal of getting health. I jog 3 to 4 times a week. and do the firm workout tapes 3 days a week. I know that you will love to do weights after awhile. It can take a little getting use to. I have increased my weights this week.
    You guys are not the only ones moving I have been just not been on the site lately. I will be back on more often.
    Got to go the kids are going crazy.
    Tanya
  • Hi movers and shakers!

I ran for 35 minutes today and went about 3.3 miles in that time. I like weight training. I think my thighs and biceps seem to be the most noticable responders to my work.

Weight training and building muscle is so important because muscle burns fat faster.

Have a good week!!!

Sandi
  • Hi everyone is it great to see so many of us now. i did the firm tape again to day and I did 30 mins of cardio yesterday and I think that I am going to do more today after the kids naps. I have been donig less in speed but more in doning the incline. To make it much harder. I been getting more of a burn doing that.
    Going to do cardoi tomorow. After 2 days of weights I can sure feel it. It feels great to me.
    Tanya
  • Hey everyone. Hope all is well. I actually did not exercise yesterday because I had to babysit all day and boy did I feel guilty. I never thought I would say that.

Today, I made up for it and jogged for 45 minutes and walked for 5 minutes. Feeling good. I notice though, since I have been really exercising......I tend to be more hungry all the time. I hate that. Hopefully, that won't last long.

Take care!!!!
  • Hi Been getting my workouts still in and yesterday I did my cardoi and did 5 miles I have been doing cardio at night and have been feeling great. I did 2 miles in less that 20 mins I was happy about that.
    What foods or diet are you doing? I have found that if I have a protien with every meal I am better. I eat 6 small meals a day. I am not as hungary then.
    Tanya
  • Hi guys! Hi moe and ilovemyluckycat!

Wow, I've been gone for a few days and look at this!

I have been so lazy in going to the gym. I normally do 15 minutes on the bike and 45-65 minutes on the elliptical machine. I am all packed to go tonite right after work. It will be nice to get back on track. My new pants that I got three weeks ago are not feeling as loose as they did!

I have a goal this year...a friend from work and I are going to run in the Steamboat race this year. It's only four miles, but it's been a couple of years since I've run even a mile! how terrible. The race is in May, so I have enough time to work on this. I'm going to get in better shape and continue with my cardio, then I'm going to start jogging on the treadmill...maybe start with ten minutes, and work my way up. Eventually, I'd like to make jogging my whole workout. I know I can do it. If I can do an hour of elliptical, I can run. It's basically the same thing anyway.

Nice to see all of you!

CD
  • Hi Everuone I hope that you all are doing well. Nice to hear from you Cd. You can do the run in May It is funny how fast you can get your cardio up when you won't to.
    Well I have been doing cardio every day almost. About 30 mins which I do 2.15 miles in 20 mins and cool down for the last 10 mins. I feel great doin this really been doing intes work outs up to 8.5 miles an hour for about 1 min for the last couple of mins. The interve training is great.
    Talk to you all later.
    Tanya
  • Hey Cardio Queens!
    It's been awhile since I stopped by to say hello. I'm still moving and losing, but all indoors. We just got another foot of snow yesterday! You can't walk outside anywhere. I did get out to x-country ski 1 1/2 weeks ago. Then we had too much cold and now what's my excuse!!!!

I just want SPRING

I ran again today. I did 3.2 miles in 31:20 minutes. I continued my run until 3.5 (34 minutes).

CD: just start with some distance and work your way up to the goal. I was able to work it up pretty fast and I think it was because of the ellipticals that I do. That should give you an "edge" already. I don't know about you, but ny legs hated running and they "complain" the most between 0.5 and 1.5 miles; then they kind of find their own and the run becomes much easier. I only run once a week. I know if I run more my shins and ankles will hurt too much and I won't be able to go the distance. I want to run a 5K this year. I think there is one in May. I'm working slowly on lowering my time. I don't even know how long an average runner should take to run that distance? Does anyone? (I didn't mean that sarcastically).

I am going to post my running here. Please post yours too.

2/18/03 3.5 miles 34 minutes

Tanya: your interval training sounds like a good idea. I think that is what I will have to do to get my time down. Have you ever run a 5K?

Have fun everyone!!!

Sandi