*~* Back To School Challenge *~*

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Hi ladies!!

So I know a lot of you, like myself, are going back to school in August and would love to shed a few extra before the semester starts...

And even you girls not going back to school are more than welcome to join...

Here we can post our plans, our goals and progress so we can join back to school healthier!

My goals:

Loose 12-14 pounds

About 2.3 pounds a week

Goal weight: 185

Plan:

My plan for the rest of the summer? I think I am going to do a very basic South Beach Diet... like the last phase... Lean meats, fruits, veggies, limited whole grain, very little sugars, low fat dairy...

Workout goals: 90minutes - 2 hours at gym on mondays, tuesday after work hike (no less than 6 miles) weds 1 hour water aerobics 1 hour with trainer, thurs 45 minute walk, friday 1 hour cardio 1 hour water aerobics, saturday hike (No less than 8-10 miles) sunday rest

I hope we can all have fun, challenge each other and go back to school healthier, sexier and WOW some of our classmates!
  • I'm in!

I picked this one because it had the capital B in the title

I'm going to go back to my whole foods approach - no processed junk - I cook my meals, lots of veggies, fruits, lean meat and hummus. (oh, hummus, how I love you). Also, I need to cut back on my drinking because its got a little out of hand...

Work outs at least 45 minutes a day 6 days a week.

I want to be in the lower 160's by the time school starts at the end of August. I have a lot of traveling to do between now and then, which always screws me up...
  • Count me in too! I just started my weight loss journey so I'm hoping I can pull off losing around 25 lbs before school starts on August 31st.

My plan is to continue my low calorie diet, which surprisingly hasn't given me too much trouble (yet). i also want to start a regular exercise program that includes jogging/walking 4-5 times a week for at LEAST 30 minutes to start out and maybe up it to 45 later on.

I just weighed today and I'm down from 232 to 226.5

I'm going to set my goal at 199 just to say I got under 200 I know that's almost 4 lbs a week but I really think I can do it, especially since I just started and have a lot to lose. Good luck to everyone!!!
  • I wanna join! My goal is to lose 10 more pounds by the time school starts(about a month and a half). Get some form of exercise 5 times a week for at least 30 minutes. I want to start at 30 minutes, bump it up to 45, and then a full hour. I want those size 16s by the time I go back!
  • I'm not very good at guessing how many pounds to lose in a certain amount of time. However, I'm in a size 22 jeans right now. I bought this adorable pair of wide legged jeans (that aren't totally unflattering) in a size 18. I start school late August, and I'd like to be in them by that time.
  • Count me in girl

I'm starting a new school and moving miles and miles away and making new friends...and I wont start school as the fat girl for once... I feel pretty normally sized lately...

I'd like to lose 18 pounds by the time I start school (first day is September 6th, but Orientation is the week prior)

That would put me at 152... haha it wont happen but a girl can dream

and I have 8 weeks to do it
  • I.AM.IN!

****. FREAKN. YES!

loss 15-20 pounds

goal wieght: 130-135

Plan: Walking/sprinting at least five days a week.( I walk from an hour and a half to two hours-I want to work up to being able to run maybe.)
    Consume 1200 calories or close to it a day.
    Try to eat only organic foods/superfoods.
    Swim 2 days a week.
    Try to get 9 to 10 hours of sleep.
    Do 10 sit-ups every other day.
    Drink lots of water.

I might be alittle too ambitious, but I don't care. I'm doing this for myself. I really want to go back to school-my last year in high school!!!- and feel confidient and sexy/hot/cute/beautiful, all women deserve to feel that way about themselves, it is my turn to love myself and FEEL good, I want people to think, "wow." Times like these are ok to be alittle selfish.

Let's do this!!!
  • HaleyisLove- 8 weeks is plenty of time, you go girl you CAN do it. Good luck!
  • Count me in too! I start back for my MBA August 25th, and I'd like to lose 10lbs by then.

Current: 174.0lbs
    Goal: 164.0lbs
    Per Week: 1.5-2.0lbs

Workouts - 1hr @ gym, 4 days per week + 1 day of 1-3 additional hours of recreational activity (rollerblading, tennis, biking, hiking, etc.). On each of my two rest days I'll take a 1-2 mile leisurely walk.

Diet - less than 10000 calories per week, 1300-1600 per day. 80oz water. Only 1 snack per day (mid-afternoon).

Misc - No less than 7hrs of sleep. Journal everything.
  • WOO HOO

We can do this girl! Serious on plan time for me though!

..No mistakes! On plan! Serious!
  • Me too! I go back to school September 15th, so I have like a solid 2 months! I don't really weigh myself very often, but I would like to lose around 15 pounds, to put me at 135...so almost 2 pounds a week. eeeeek.
    My plan is to continue doing JM's 30 day shred (I'm on day 10 right now, so I want to finish this 30 days, and then do it again).
    I am vegan, so I will just continue eating the same way, but basically I need to stop snacking. Eating pretzels with humus at 9 at night is clearly not working so well for me
    Yayyy, so excited!!! Def. want to go back to senior year of college looking awesome
  • This is just what i need, i'm in.

I just joined the site today and after reading this thread i am so excited. As for me, my goal is 14 pounds before school starts and as for my approach simply whole grains, lost of fruits and veggies and protein. I have lost weight in past summer's before school started however every time i went back to university i ended up gaining it back plus another 10, in the past i have found the only way to keep my weight off is to stay in my apartment rather than socializing and having to resist temptation. Anyone have any tips for university students on how to resist temptation yet maintain a social life when going back to school?

Another goal of mine is to do the Jillian Michaels DVD "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism" twice a week (along with other workouts of course). I know it sounds simple but it is a very intense and rewarding work out and i recommend it!!!
  • Count me in!!!!

School starts late August for me, this is my return to post secondary education after a 1.5 semester hiatus, I left a size 20, which I am roughly now, I'm a loose 22, I would like to be an 18. Long shot but its worth a try!!

I will continue on a South Beach phase 1 type diet, that implements low calories. I have just started JM 30DS and will be adding more cardio.

Here's hoping!!! I have 6 weeks.
  • I'm down!!

I start August 23rd so about 6-7 weeks. I am gonna shoot for 15 pounds
    My plan is exercise any how and any time! Also to eat healthier. I am using SparkPeople to track fitness and nutrition, it has helped so far!

Good luck to everyone!
  • I'm in!!! We go back to work on September 1st and I would love to finally be out of these stupid 190's. I feel like everytime I get close, I shoot back up!!!!

My plan is going to be to cut back on sweets, drink tons of water, and try to include more fruits and vegetables rather than breads/sugars/carbs.