Biggest NSV of My Life

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • To everyone out there not seeing any results just because the scale isn't moving. I am here to remind you that it's not all about the scale or inches even. It's about health.

I am only 25. At the age of 18 I was diagnosed with diabetes. They said I had it for years with out knowing. My blood test results showed abnormally high risk for a heart attack or stroke. I got my test results in today. I read the numbers and I cried. I'm not an emotional person, but I have been fighting so long and so hard wondering how long I had left to live because every doctor kept saying they were surprised I was still walking. Anyone that is dealing with blood work will know truly how drastic these changes are.

At my highest I was 280lbs. I am now in the lower 250s.

Cholesterol: 152 down from 350. This is the first time in 10 years it's been considered normal. Now mind you the HDL and LDL balance is a bit horrible, but I am working on it.

Triglycerides: 386 down from 2000. Yes you read that right. I will scan the lab work in if you don't believe me. That is abnormally high. 386 in itself is nothing at all to brag about and is still very high...but my goodness...what a drop.

A1C: 6.6 down from 9.6 any diabetic knows how big of a drop that is. I am really close to not being in the diabetic range anymore.

Fasting Sugar/Glucose: 91 !!! Down from 218. 91 is a NORMAL number.

I wanted to share this and I hope it is taken as motivation and not gloating. For anyone not seeing any physical results I urge you to do blood work before and keep checking every 3 months. You will find what works for you. These are the numbers that truly matter.

Thanks for listening.

((This is also posted in the 20's forums.))
  • That is fantastic progress! Congratulations on all you've accomplished so far!!!
  • That is wonderful, and I'm so proud of you! Keep up the good work, girl!
  • CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!
  • Awesome!
  • That is amazing. Congratulations on becoming healthier!
  • Amazing job! Your numbers are incredible. This is really what a healthy lifestyle change SHOULD be about.

Actually, I do have question if you don't mind --I have had extremely high cholesterol for as long as I can remember (at least 10 or 12 years). Did you change your diet in any specific way (eating oatmeal, going vegetarian, say) to lower this?
  • Quote: Amazing job! Your numbers are incredible. This is really what a healthy lifestyle change SHOULD be about.

Actually, I do have question if you don't mind --I have had extremely high cholesterol for as long as I can remember (at least 10 or 12 years). Did you change your diet in any specific way (eating oatmeal, going vegetarian, say) to lower this?
    I wish I could give you a good answer. I'm actually not a big fan of veggies or oatmeal. =X

This is just from cutting back on the bad food. I also increased my Omega 3 intake via supplements.

I also started to exercise a lot more.

My way of eating is low glycemic/lower carb. I use WonderSlim for every meal but dinner. This has helped me a lot.

It's all about finding what works for you. Good luck! Sorry I couldn't have been anymore help.

Also, thanks everyone. I contribute A LOT of my success to each and every one of you who take the time to respond.
  • Congratulations! OMG, when I read your post I was overwhelmed with emotion and thought I was going to cry. What a wonderful wonderful thing you have done for yourself. I hope you live a long, blessed life. You certainly deserve it!
  • That is so fantastic!!! If you've made this much progress already, just think what lies ahead!! Congrats!!!
  • That is amazing! I have to admit that I have not had tests done since I know they will be bad. You are really motivating me to get it done and see where I am at. Thank you for sharing. If you are ever having a hard day I hope you can remember this feeling because you should be really proud! Very inspiring.
  • Wow! That is amazing! Keep up the good work! Your dr. must be very proud of you!
  • That is excellent news; congratulations! You are saving your own life; that is an accomplishment like no other.

Keep up the good work! You have concrete evidence that it is working.

Cheers,

J
  • Kudos to you for getting those numbers under control. This is the great thing about losing weight: not only do you feel and look better, you may actually save your life and extend your longevity. Congratulations!!
  • Congrats to you! May you continue to enjoy success and feel great about it! As someone above already said, THIS is what a healthy lifestyle is all about!