Ijust threw away a chocolate cake!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to

• Over the weekend, my husband and I provided dessert for a dinner party at our home. I served a choice of strawberry shortcake or chocolate cake. To my dismay, only a couple of people ate the cake, leaving 3/4 of it on my dining table. After looking at it for 24 hours (feeling tempted, of course) I picked it up and tossed it into the kitchen trash can! In the past, I would have eaten cake and ice cream until it was gone. No more! Out it goes!
    Yah! I feel so free!
  • Oh wow -well done! I still don't think I could manage to do something like that!!
  • Very nice!
  • Nice work!

J
  • Nice job!
  • Good choice!!!
  • Good job! That says alot about your willpower!
  • Congratulations!
  • Carol-I salute you! Cake is one of my biggest weaknesses. We have our huge monthly bakery-made birthday cake in the break room at work right now. I let myself have a tiny piece the other day, but it is calling to me. I wish the gang would finish it off!
  • Well Done ... that is a tough hurdle to get over but you did it! Yay
  • Yep, I don't have that much strength. Go you! It feels good to do things that make you feel in control.
  • Awesome!!
  • Oh yeah. Better to throw it in the trash can than to BE the trash can.

I couldn't keep it in my house either. I've thrown many food items away. A great strategy. YEs, I know there are children starving all over the world - but you know what, my eating it won't help them one bit - but my not eating it will definitely help me.

AnnieDrews, if I worked out of an office, I would HAVE to make a strict rule - no cake (or other similar items) EVER. It would no longer be an option TO eat it and it would eventually stop calling out to me.
  • That's awesome. I am proud of you ..and hungry LOL Back to my sugar free jello. Its no cake but tasty all the same
  • I think it is awesome that the majority of your guests choice the healthier option of desserts! Heck, next time I wouldn't even bother with 2 choices. I'd make one delicious fruity type treat and call it good! Good job getting rid of the cake. I used to take things like that over to my neighbors, but now they are on the wagon, so I don't even bother making sinful stuff anymore...unless it's a very special request.