My wake-up call--I'm back!

• Hopefully some of you will remember me. I see lots of familiar faces and lots of new friends here, too.

I'm updating my ticker tonight because it's time to face reality. I lost 55 pounds last year and did well keeping it off until February, when I had to start traveling for work. I only traveled for a couple of months, but by then I had picked up a few bad habits and have continued to gain. Small amounts--only 2 or 3 pounds a month, which is nothing, right? Until 5 or 6 months have gone by, and now I am up about 15 pounds. I wasn't too worried about it until, the space of a week, my aunt had a heart attack (she's OK) and my cousin had a serious brain anerysm (not sure of his prognosis).

15 pounds is not catastrophic. I know what to do. I need to cut out the "kryptonite" foods I have been allowing myself to have (potato chips, the occasional donut, lots of lunches out). I have done that, and I have started moving more. I realized today that I felt sluggish and tired and lethargic, and the antidote to that is not napping endlessly. It's getting up and MOVING and getting that blood flowing!

So, today I have feasted on whole grain cereal, banana, grilled chicken, wild rice, watermelon, and yes, a couple of small pieces of delicious imported white cheddar. I did take a nap, but I also took a brisk 2-mile walk.

I'm back in the game. I have gained just enough to remind myself what it feels like to be heavy and lethargic and mildly depressed, and I don't wanna go back there.
  • Welcome back Windchime!
  • That is so awesome that you "caught" yourself! Way to go! Welcome back!
  • I remember you and am glad to see ya back. Good luck with your goals
  • Certainly remember you...happy you are back!
  • Good Job on catching yourself!
  • Congratulations on coming back! I hope to see more of you around here!
  • Good job on catching your lapse while it was in the early stages, long before it turned into something further.

I'm glad you're back, you were missed. I look forward to hearing of your progress.
  • I remember you quite well too! So good to see you back again, whether to lose or just to say "hello". I find it very encouraging to find people who hop back into weight loss, catching themselves after only a few pounds. I think that is awesome! 15 pounds is a whole lot better than 55!
  • Yep, I'm in the same boat... I've been feeling great since I met my goal last fall, but I've let some bad habits slip back and I can't let that continue. I'm glad there's 3FC to help keep me motivated and out of denial!
  • Good catch, Windchime! Nice to *see* you.
  • Good luck to you Windchime, as you get back on track. Glad you caught it when you did! You can do this!!