Longhorns question

• I'm going to Longhorns tomorrow for my mom's birthday and was just wondering what you would recommend I eat while there. I'm currently allowed 33 points but I want to stretch them out throughout the day so I don't want to eat all or most of my points at Longhorns if I can help it. Thank you very much.
  • I would say one of the most important things you can do to make a difference in points is to specify that they not use additional oils or butter in preparing your food. I've heard from a Longhorn's employee that they squirt melted butter/oil (like in those bottles that hold ketchup) onto EVERYTHING - steaks, veggies, mushrooms, you name it.

Stick to grilled items - steak, salmon, shrimp or chicken.

For a side, you can get mixed veggies, asparagus, plain baked sweet or regular potato.

Good luck and enjoy!
  • I am not sure if all Longhorn restaurants serve the same thing or not, but one of my favorite meals is the Grilled Mahi Mahi Salad. It is a big salad, most of the vegies in the salad would be considered 0 or 1 point I think if I understand the points system correctly & the fish is grilled. I bet they have a low calorie dressing or fat free dressing, although I always eat the regular dressing (it is worth it to me), to use more points or count more calories to have the regular dressing.
  • Quote: I would say one of the most important things you can do to make a difference in points is to specify that they not use additional oils or butter in preparing your food. I've heard from a Longhorn's employee that they squirt melted butter/oil (like in those bottles that hold ketchup) onto EVERYTHING - steaks, veggies, mushrooms, you name it.

Stick to grilled items - steak, salmon, shrimp or chicken.

For a side, you can get mixed veggies, asparagus, plain baked sweet or regular potato.

Good luck and enjoy!
    Thanks! This helped. I ended up having salmon, asparagus and mixed vegetables.