There's something about the 200s foothills

• For 12 days now, I've been up and down the same half pound: from 202.9 to 202.5, with spikes of 205 and 201.

I looked back in my records for almost exactly the same time last year, and it took me 19 days to get from 202 to Onederland - and then after that I had the mother of all whooshes, and lost 6lbs in the following 19 days, 10lbs total in the month.

I'm hoping to repeat the second bit of that pattern, as I struggle through the first bit. There does seem to be something about the Onederland Cusp, though!
  • Quote: For 12 days now, I've been up and down the same half pound: from 202.9 to 202.5, with spikes of 205 and 201.

I looked back in my records for almost exactly the same time last year, and it took me 19 days to get from 202 to Onederland - and then after that I had the mother of all whooshes, and lost 6lbs in the following 19 days, 10lbs total in the month.

I'm hoping to repeat the second bit of that pattern, as I struggle through the first bit. There does seem to be something about the Onederland Cusp, though!
    Isn't that weird-- that's me too! I hung around 203 for a whole month, finally eked it out to 199 but then bounced back for another two weeks-- now all of a sudden I've lost 6 lbs in 4 days. I KEPT TELLING MYSELF that I was on plan and exercising a lot and that I MUST be headed for a loss, but it was hard!

Hang in there! You'll break through and then zoom through the 90s!
  • That is a surprisingly common stall point, and while some people get psyched out and eat off plan or slack a bit, some bodies just genuinely stall there, then whoosh on by. I am hoping being below 210 post-baby will be kind to me!
  • I've noticed in the past a lot of my weight loss is like that. Which is, I think, part of what can make it so challenging. If you're working hard and for 15 days you weigh the same or even gain weight, it is so easy to give up!

Hang in there -- it's coming!
  • I hear you!
  • I got stuck at the 202 point too. We hear about this alot. I have started thinking of it as the Onederland curse!
  • ...grumble...

I am at 200.0, and will that stupid scale move?

...stomping off...

Die, fat cells, die!
  • Hang tough Rosinante. Provided you keep on nailing that plan of yours, there's no way on earth you can't get to ONEderland - and beyond.

I look forward to hearing of your arrival.
  • Quote: 201.8

Die, fat cells, die!
    This made me laugh! I needed that today
  • Hang in there!!

I totally had a stall in the 200 - 202 pound range too. If you keep doing your plan it HAS to move and it will.
    The music you hear may be the Hallelujah Chorus.
  • Quote: 200.8.
    The music you hear may be the Hallelujah Chorus.
    You are inching your way there my friend.

Any day now. Annnny daaayyyy.
  • Love your humor, Rosinante. You are almost there. Hang tuff!