hey all - newbie!

• hello everyone!
    my name is chany, i'm 21 years old, and i am from gorgeous southern california. i married my dream guy in january of 2009, and can't think of anything wrong with my life except one huuuuuge thing. my weight! i am 5'7", and i am currently 196 lbs! less than 2 years ago, i was 60 lbs lighter. most of this weight gain was due to some medications that THANK GOODNESS i am now off of! i've changed my lifestyle and am ready to work my butt off to lose 70 lbs. i know i wont be able to do this alone, which is why i've joined this forum & am ecstatic that it exists! im hoping to find a few new friends that i can share this journey that im about to embark on with!
  • Welcome
    Hi Chany welcome to the forums and we are glad you are here. Congrats on your marriage and new life that is so exciting. I had the same thing happen to me 6 years ago with meds, I THINK I ballooned up close to 200 lbs (never weighed myself) on medications but as soon as I went off them and changed my eating habits I dropped 40 of them in about 5 months and then proceeded to gain about 30 back due to bad eating habits and surgery.

I am now back to my senses also, we are really glad you are here and hope you keep posting

Quote: hello everyone!
    my name is chany, i'm 21 years old, and i am from gorgeous southern california. i married my dream guy in january of 2009, and can't think of anything wrong with my life except one huuuuuge thing. my weight! i am 5'7", and i am currently 196 lbs! less than 2 years ago, i was 60 lbs lighter. most of this weight gain was due to some medications that THANK GOODNESS i am now off of! i've changed my lifestyle and am ready to work my butt off to lose 70 lbs. i know i wont be able to do this alone, which is why i've joined this forum & am ecstatic that it exists! im hoping to find a few new friends that i can share this journey that im about to embark on with!
  • Hi Chany and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
    Michelle
  • Welcome!

Dhani