Stay Primal in July!

You're on Page 18 of 18
Go to
  • Oh this is so funny! It must have been one of those days cuz I did good up till noon when my daycare baby went home. I ran to the store to but some alcohol. I had 4 Malibu Rum Coconut w/ OJ. After that I talked DH into going out to eat. We went to a buffet. I stuck pretty good to decent stuff except for the rice, pasta & pie. But I only took a very small amount of each & did not eat all the pie. Even tho I am stuffed at the moment I am still very toasted, usualy after I eat I am fine but not this time. I think I need to go to bed early tonite.
  • I'm in a weird reflective place this morning. The oddness of things is astounding me.

My stomach is growling. That's a new thing for me. Just simply did not happen until I'd been primal for several weeks.

If my toenails grow any faster I'm going to have to buy bigger shoes.

People keep raving about how slim I am but I'm heavier than I was before Christmas. About a third of my wardrobe is size 2. Who the heck wears a size 2 at 130 lbs???

I'm restless which is pretty odd for someone as habitually sedentary as I am (was). I feel like I could run if I wanted to. I'm just about vibrating. But there is nothing that I want to do.

Just weird! Must go move now.
  • Susan- maybe your weight is muscle. Muscle does weigh more then fat does so it may not be a bad thing. That would be my guess if you are in a size 2. I think some people get so caught up in what they weigh & dont take into consideration how much muscle they have. I know back in 08 I weighed more then I do now & my measurements are pretty close to the same as now but I did alot more strength training at that time. I had more muscle then I do at this point in time. I was pretty proud of myself at the time cuz I had the little muscle bumps in my arms. Now they are just flab.

I couldnt wait to see if I lost inches this month so I measured myself this morning instead of waiting till tomorow. I lost 1 inch off my abdominals, 1.5 off both my waist & hips. I am also down 3 lbs from the beginning of the month. 3 lbs is not much but I am OK with that since I see that I lost some inches as well. That atleast shows me that I am making some progress.
  • Or that weird busy feeling might have been a migraine aura ... grrr ....
  • Only you my Primal friends would understand that I just ate, enjoyed and savoured, a whole pound of bacon .... I have never ever EVER done that ... along with, a fresh from my neighbour's garden, cucumber yummy!!!

Migraines suck Susan
  • Susan, I have had something like that ......I would be in a great mood and lots of energy and then later, I'd have the aura and a migraine. It would really bum me out because I was in such a good, energetic mood. It doesn't happen often though.

Ilene I like your new pic and thumbs up on the bacon! Yum!

Tymaboy congrats on the inches and poundage. I doubt I lost anything especially with my ice cream binges the past two days, but weirder things have happened.
  • Hmmm,

It has been an Odd week for me. Two days ago I had a day long anxiety attack of some sort. In the middle of it I was at the Dr.'s office and my blood pressure was higher than I've ever had it....there's been really nothing to have triggered it. We've had a lot of adverse stuff lately so maybe I was getting it all in at once...there's really no time to have a proper breakdown when you have a toddler (!)

The next day I felt like the walking dead and ate weird. Today I feel almost normal and am back to eating primal. Needless to say I haven't tried my simplefit workout yet.

Bob--that's one heck of a picturesque walk, I'd love it. Before my son came I used to walk my dogs at night just because I liked to be out at that time.

Susan--How long have you been eating Primal? I've never had a migraine, but I know I have a cyclical "Busy Time" that corresponds to hormone ebb and flow. Sometimes I get a whole week of no sleep and able to get tons of stuff done without fatigue. It makes up for the "trough week" that follows!

Tyma--I don't dare check the inches yet. I want to spend a decent while with exercising better before I disappoint myself. GRATZ to you!

Ilene--Bacon is just the best!

So--burgers on the grill tonight. I might try a spaghetti squash pasta night tomorrow. Weighing in on Monday....

Happy Friday!

spanky
  • I remember having a migraine when I was eleven. They've been pretty rare since I've have menopausal symptoms. Primal? Since February, I think, maybe the first part of March.

My son has a theory that I'm having "let down" headaches on my day off. I get wired up and ready to roll for work and then when I have a day off ... I crash.
    I can remember doing that once when the kids were sick. I ran to emerg and stayed up with them and when everybody was better ... I got a headache.

Absolutely no triggers this time. No hypoglycemic episode, no peppers, no wierd beers <shrug>
  • I get migraines every so often. Not as much as they used to be. I end up in the ER about 1 time a yr for them now. I do everything I know of to try to get rid of them before going there. I have a Dr. apt in Aug. I am going to talk to her about my head aches. I have been to 2 neurologist & was not impressed with neither one. I have even been to physical therapy for them since I told the one that I think it is due to my neck & shoulders. Why do Dr.s always have to push the pills instead of finding the route cause of it?

I was pretty surprised this morning that my blood levels were not off this morning. Usualy when I had too much to drink (plus I ate some stuff I shouldnt have) my levels are normally off & it takes me a day to get them back to normal. I think me getting a drink of water everytime I got up to go to the bathroom helped flush away alot of the extra sugar that does it. I noticed that I dont have a problem with my levels like I did before I started (or try ) to eat Primal. I am curious to see what my weight difference is at the Dr. compared to June of 09.

My neighbor likes to cook. She cooks pretty much all the time. She has gotten to the point that she cooks enough to invite my family over about 3 times a week. She has been doing pretty good at trying to make things that is on my diet. She invited us over again today but she did warn me that she tried something new & its not diet friendly. Then proceeded to say that she took out 3 racks of ribs for dinner tomorrow as well. Her ribs are awesome. She slow cooks them in the oven all day so they fall off the bone.
  • Tyma : you have my kind of neighbour

Migraines: I haven't had one since I quit the pill 25 years ago...I get regular headaches and I don't get them too often either....

Tonight DD and I made a Taco meatza...OMG it was good... I put Taco seasoning in the ground beef along with an egg... I then mixed pizza sauce with salsa and add that to the meat crust I mixed refried beans ( I know not Primal DD wanted it) and cream cheese then spread some shredded lettuce and taco/nacho cheese mixture on top of the lettuce... I know warmed lettuce sounds odd but it's really quite good and everyone loved it!
  • I went to farmers market today. I bought 2 egg plants. My mom used to make egg plant parmigiana, it is so good. I dont know anything else to make with it - any ideas?
  • I'm half Lebanese and my mom used to make a sort of stew with eggplant. She would put chunks of beef, eggplant in a thick, chunky tomato sauce and serve it over rice.

Also you can make ratatouille (sp?) with zuchinni (sp? I'm not awake), peppers, eggplant and tomatoes. Very tasty side dish. Tyler Florence does a good one on Foodtv.com

It's good in chinese food with chicken. And another Lebanese dish we made was stuffed eggplant (stuffed with ground beef and rice) cooked in a tomato sauce.

I love eggplant, can you tell! My DH does not so I don't make it so much.

It also good grilled with other veggies and it's good in pasta with chicken, tomatos and cheese.
  • Quote: I went to farmers market today. I bought 2 egg plants. My mom used to make egg plant parmigiana, it is so good. I dont know anything else to make with it - any ideas?
    A very, very easy thing to do with eggplant is to slice it thin and put the rounds on a cookie sheet. We grow it and have both the skinny kind and the normal ones, but even the normal ones are small and round. For a normal larger sized one, you could perhaps cut the slices into smaller pieces.

Put a smear of mayonaise or olive oil on it, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake at 350-375 for about 12 minutes or so. If I have parmesan, I also sprinkle a bit of that on it.

Delicious, healthy, and super easy. I do this with zuchinni - these are addictive - skins are not quite so tough as eggplant.

I often dip in spaghetti sauce.
  • oooh that sounds good!