Just Yogurt and Fruit

• I really love yogurt. But the packaged kinds are filled with corn syrup and/or artificial sweeteners, and nasty dyes and chemicals. Bleck. So I made my own concoction with just yogurt and fruit and it's so yummy!

Just Yogurt and Fruit (2 servings)
    6 oz. Chobani plain Greek yogurt
    1/2 6-inch banana, cut into chunks
    4 large strawberries, sliced
    1/4 C. fresh blueberries

Whir it all up in a food processor until it's blended but still a little chunky. Eat immediately or freeze for 30-45 minutes until slightly frozen but not solid.

Per serving:
    Calories 94; Carbs 14; Fat 0; Protein 10
  • I have the same thing except no blender, I don't prefer that. And toasted almonds stirred in
  • My breakfast most every morning is chobani blueberry yogurt, sliced strawberries and a banana or any fruit like grapes I use also, plus I add in 1/2 cup dry old fashioned oats, stir and sprinkle with ground flax, truly decadent stuff lemme tell ya!
  • For years, I've been making my own yogurt cups. I use soy yogurt now but just buy any frozen fruit (berries work best I think), use 1 cup tupperwares, spoon in some plain unsweetened yogurt and fruit of your choice. Best to let it sit overnight in the fridge to allow fruit to melt.
  • I guess I didn't have a revolutionary idea. But the reason I was excited is because it tasted like packaged kinds. I've been trying to do the "stir fruit into yogurt" thing for a couple weeks, but it just never seemed blended and the plain yogurt still seemed too obvious (and I think it's got a weird tangy/bland flavor).
  • Revolutionary, Shmevolutionary. The important thing is you love it!
  • Sounds great! I'll have to try that.
  • I have a new yogurt love, too!

Prepare the night before:

1/2c blueberries
    cinnamon to taste
    freshly grated lemon zest to taste + 1tsp-1Tbs lemon juice if you like it lemony (I do!)
    Honey or sweetner to taste (I add 1 pkt splenda)

Microwave all on high for 1-2 minutes & mash with a fork or the back of a spoon. Cover & chill in the fridge overnight.

Fold in your plain, 0% fat greek yogurt the next morning & VOILA! some of the best tasting fruit-based yogurt I've ever eaten. I am addicted to this!!!

Cheryl
  • my yogurt & fruit favorite (I'm on the F Factor diet and working with a nutritionist at Tanya Zuckerbrot nutrition)

0% greek yogurt
    frozen berries (blueberries, rasp or black) heated for a minute or until warm in the microwave. Mix stir in a little Spenda for sweetness
    and if you're doing carbs: 1/2 cub of Fiber 1

I am @ssmrachel on Twitter