Hello/Story/Goals/Exercise

• Hi Everyone,

I'm new and my name is Jess. (Sorry, this might get lengthy)

I've been struggling with my weight for years. I'm fairly short and at my biggest I was 180. I started this latest (and hopefully) final stretch at around 171 last December. I lost 10 pounds, took a few month hiatus and managed to keep the weight off. The problem was, I never worked out. I jumped from fad diet to fad diet losing and gaining the same 10 pounds.

There's a huge difference this time though (although I'm sure everyone thinks that). June 6th, I went out and purchased a workout video. I consulted with my college's health center and set out to work out for 30 full days to cement working out as a habit. I started at June 7th at 161 pounds. Today, I'm at 155 and I haven't skipped a day of working out (even after a car accident on the 16th of June).

I feel completely different! I have energy that I've never felt before. My workouts have gone from 25 minutes to an hour. I'm able to do 15 more girly push-ups in 30 seconds than the first day I started. Muscle is starting to develop on my arms and it is great to see my body start to transform.

As far as my diet, I'm not on one. I opened my refrigerator on the 8th of June and threw out all processed food. I stopped eating out. I gave up sodas several years ago but I upped my water intake recently. I eat oatmeal with apple sauce some mornings and egg white and spinach sandwiches other mornings. I don't eat after 8 PM anymore. I've taken to substituting my favorite foods with healthier alternatives and I haven't missed doughnuts one bit. I feel like these are all changes I can maintain. I try a new workout every few days to keep it fresh.

I've stumbled across this website over the last year or so. Today I came around looking for Before and After pictures for inspiration. I was absolutely stunned. I actually cried reading a few of them. I knew this was a community I wanted to be a part of.

I hope to get to know some of you and sorry this was so long
  • Hi Jess and welcome to 3FC.

Congrats on your success and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
    Michelle
  • Welcome Jess! You will love 3FC and learn a lot and be totally inspired!
    Good luck!
  • Hi Jess,

Congrat on the progress. I'm new here too, and I've also set an exercise goal for myself - 21 days straight to build the habit I'm on day 6 (unfortunately calling a rest day, as given myself lower back pain - got to build up my core!!) but even with 5 days on already feeling the difference, so it's great to hear your experience & doing 30 days even with an accident! awesome, keep going
  • Welcome!

Dhani