Hello ya'll. I'm new to this forum (agian)!

• Howdy ya'll! My name is Megan. A little about me: I'm 29, live in Missouri. I have 3 beautiful kids and have been married for a little over 9 years. I manage a busy salon here in town and have hopes of moving before too long.

My story: In September of last year, I fell into depression after my marriage nearly ended and I have gained at least 50 lbs since then. Now things are A LOT better than they were and we've decided to work things out. I've struggled all my life with weight and although I'm heavy, I've been extremely healthy-good numbers when it comes to blood pressure, sugars and cholesterol. For some reason, I have a hard time as seeing myself as being heavy. Until I put on this weight, I've never had problems with my ankles hurting, hip problems or getting winded easily. I'm constantly tired and achy, get headaches a lot easier and my skin is an utter mess right now. This gain is different than what I've gained in the past. It's really affecting me. That's why I want to do something about it.

I've been here before and there are some amazing people on here. I'm hoping I can find some new friends and hopefully find one or two people I connect well with. My husband tries to be supportive but falls short. He's a bit younger than me and I just don't think he understands the role of being the supporter. All of my close friends moved away after high school, and I got married shortly after graduating so I don't have any real friends - it's just be me, him and the kids ever since.

Thanks for listening....everyone have a blessed day
  • Hi Megan,
    Welcome back again. Look forward to getting to know you better. Good luck on your journey to a healthier lifestyle.

Learn
  • Welcome Back! It will be great getting to know you! I love this forum! It is wonderful to come to a place where the others here "get it"! They know what it's like to live in a 300+ body and have great guidance for my weak moments and share in my joy for my strong moments!
  • Welcome back! I wish you the best with your weight loss journey.

Cheers,

J
  • Hello! And Welcome Back!

I am new to this site, just signed up on Monday! I am 24, a mother to one goofball 3yr old, been married - got divorced - now dating again (lol). I started out at 360lbs just 4 days ago. I weighed yesterday and was down to 355. I have a 3FC Diet Blog if you want to see my goals/progress.

I look forward to getting to know you around the boards!
  • Welcome back!
  • Welcome back! I just returned a couple weeks ago myself! Let's do this!!!
  • Megan - welcome back - I'm in NKC with family in St Joe - good to see another local!

Stay the course - keep posting - look forward to getting to know you.
  • Thanks everyone!
  • Hi Megan, and welcome back!

Although I have been around these parts far too many years, I have had many absences and have always found my way back. Glad you did too!

As you know it's a great support system here from people that can really relate and understand. I find I stay on track and better focused when I make the effort to come here.

My hubs is supportive too, but I don't think he really gets it either

Even as my weight went higher and higher, like you, I still had no "problems" so it was easy to just ignore it. Now I have so many aches. I know it's my poor body yelling at me! I can definitely relate to all you said.

I wish you best of luck, and look forward to seeing you around

C.
  • I am listening and thinking.
  • Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you! Best of luck in reaching a healthier you...We can do this!