20 Pounds in 2 Months!

• Hooray!!!

As of two days ago I reached the two month mark in my journey, and I have lost 20 pounds so far! I'm just one pound away from where I was the last time that I actually knew what I weighed, and that is an awesome feeling!!!

For me, it's just been a matter of making myself exercise, and making better food choices than I used to. For exercise I've been doing C25K for the last few weeks. I've also done Zumba, some other gym work, and I've been taking Yoga at my school. Food wise, I am not doing anything terribly specific - No calorie counting for me! I've just been making a point of eating less than I used to(By quite a bit!) and making better choices in general about what those foods are. I still allow myself to indulge - I've had pizza a couple of times, and some other badness, but never ever ever in the same way that I used to. My friend and I went out for pizza, and instead of getting a medium pizza with breadsticks and eating ALL of it, we just got a small pizza and shared it - No breadsticks, even.

It's about time for me to take some progress photos again, since I've been trying to do that once every month. I may post them over in the photo album, if I think there's actually a noticeable difference!

I just can't believe I've actually come this far!!! The most weight I ever remember losin was 17 pounds back in my sophomore or junior year of high school. Go me!!!
  • That is wonderful! good for you-keep it up
  • I love the way you're going about it. I don't like the idea of making food the enemy or swearing off whole categories of food or being so calorie-phobic.....the basic idea is to abstain from overeating, not abstain from enjoying food at all! GOOD FOR YOU!
  • That's Great! Congratulations!
  • Congrats
  • Awesome job!!!!
  • congrats!!
  • Thanks guys! It feels pretty fantastic... I can really do this! I just have to be patient and keep working hard! Everything pays off in the end!
  • WOW amazing accomplishment! Congrats on the success!
  • Congrats!
  • Congrats I just finished my first 20 so here's to the next!
  • Good job!