Hello (again) from the Gulf Coast of Texas!

• I registered here before, and maybe posted once or twice, but never got invovled. I am ready. Here's part of my story.

In April of 2008 I began a weight loss journey when I topped the scales at 227.5. By July of that year I began on the Atkins diet and by Christmas was down to 155. Basically I have maintained and drove my family crazy with alot of diet wishywashyness.

The place I am in now is I WANT more variety in my diet, and my body is screaming at me that it needs it. But I have a lot of issues (fear of gaining, dread, etc..) that i am trying to work out and need some support and maybe some suggestions!

I am sitting at about 154. My lowest I have ever gotten was 145 but once I hit that point my body went crazy, and cravings took over. I am ready for a balanced diet, in fact, I am ready to embrace a simple healthy lifestyle. PERIOD. My ultimate goal was 135. Being 37, I wonder if that is too low. I would be healthy and happy at 140.
  • Hi and welcome to the board!

Transitioning from a strict diet plan (especially Atkins) into something completely different can be tricky. You just have to slowly move forward into your new plan and remember to keep it simple: lots of fruits & veggies, lean meats and careful with the carbs and sodium. Good luck with your goals!
  • I do not have any suggestions. I just wanted to congratulate you on your weight loss. Well done
  • Hi and welcome back.

Good luck with your goals
  • Thanks ya'll. I think today I just needed to allow myself to let go guilt free, and boy did I. But I realized I dont' want to let go of my lc ways. It has proved to be successful and my body functions well on it. My mind doesn't always agree, but it doesn't have a choice does it?! LOL! Back to lc tomorrow!
  • Welcome!

Dhani