Weekly Chat: June 14-June 20

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • Sorry about this being a two parter.

Sloan, I mainly have flat bottomed feeders that hang by chains. I got them at Walmart for about $10 each. They have no roof so multi birds can eat at the same time. They come with a mesh bottom for feed but also with a shallow container that you can leave in them in case you want to make them bird baths. We do not use the containers. Our birdbaths are typical pedestal ones in flowerbeds. Our backyard feeders are hung in a dead tree. We read that birds like a dead tree in their environment--and we've found that to be true. We call our dead tree our "bird tree."

We keep a large metal garbage can (with lid) in the barn with blackoil sunflower seeds. I put out about a gallon of seeds a day most days.

We have our hummingbird feeders on the edges of flowerbeds. They are hung from shepherd's hooks.

Nancy, I forgot to tell you I keep my hummingbird container with sugar water in the fridge. I change the feeders out at least once a week.

Maryann, we can't open our house but would love to to get some fresh air inside; however, we are sitting on the front deck late evenings. Curtis is going to put his hammock on the back deck. When he does that, we'll probably use the back deck more than we do now.

Nancy, Sloan, and Rhonda, I'm enjoying reading about your successes with your challenge. Is there a prize involved? Just wondering.

We went to church then out to lunch with friends today. Now we're settled inside keeping warm with me running outside moving water every hour or so. Our water bill will most likely be horrendous, but our roses have made a fantastic comeback. Whew! Also, we have gladiolas inbloom and have a bouquet in the kitchen.

Other than that--I'm OP!
  • Hey chicks: we, DH and kiddos, went out for breakfast this morning for Father's Day. I had one egg, two pieces of bacon and one biscuit without butter. Around lunch time I indulged in some awesome crab dip that my BIL made, but I only ate a little. Tonight we are having hawaiian grilled chicken. As you can imagine, it has been an unusual Father's Day for me; the first one without my own dad to wish Happy Father's Day. We usually gather as a family, but my brother had to work today, and my mom wanted to be at home. We decided it was best to let her go home, but she will not be alone tonight. My son is staying with her.

Enough gloom! I hope you all are having a great day and are not eating too much.

Get well, Nancy!
  • Sloan, this had to be hard on all of you today. You're going to find that even little things will trigger emotions. I went a long long time before I could eat English pea salad as it was my father's favorite. Now when I eat it, I always think of him with a smile. It's turned into a good memory trigger.

I'm op.
  • Remembering the first most important man in my life. Me at 7 months old in December of 1956 with my Daddy. He died in 1978 when he was only 58 years old.

• Vickie, I love the picture. Seeing it made me think of a few photos of my dad as a young man that my mom has. That makes me smile Thanks for sharing it with us.
  • Vickie..loved the photo..I need to find some of my dad.
    He died on Valentines Day 1998. He was perfect as far as I was
    concerned..
  • Yeah, Dad's day. Mine was far from perfect but he was honest, fair, smart, non-violent and loved me without reservation. That's really all that matters.
  • I woke up at 4 am!!! My mind was too busy, so I got up and put on a movie. I have a lot to do today, so I'm not very happy about being awake at this hour. Oh well, maybe a nap later
  • Good Morning Ladies

Up early as my sister is coming up early this morning. We're still on a water alert,and this Wed is going to be a week.They told us today that because of the tourist and more people in are area is going to be hard to bring the levels down to normal again. WHY OH WHY didn't they take precautions before the crowds arrived. Where are they brains!!!!!

Oh by the way at my W-I this morning I lost 1.5 being me down to 167.5

Leo would have been so happy that a man from his area won the US OPEN. It was a great game,but those greens were horrible,that why he won being a EVEN.

Have a nice week ahead will be back on Wednesday