Skipping nuts

• So I would really like to skip the nuts portion of phase one...is this a bad idea?? Nuts are a trigger food for me, I have hard time just having a handful, so I prefer them not to be in the house !
  • If it's a trigger food, find something else. Oatmeal, for me, is a trigger food. Others enjoy it daily, but I stay away 100%. We're all different.
  • I didn't eat nuts; they cause reflux for me. I can eat peanuts though. Do those trigger you too? IMO avoid the triggers.
  • I am not having nuts, either. My daughter is highly allergic and so we do not have them in the house!!
  • I skip nuts as well, at least for now. I'd honestly rather have none than 15, and I find myself snacking on raw veggies instead so I think it's a good swap.
  • They are bad for me too. So I very seldom have them in the house. Peanut butter is ok most of the time but if it starts me wanting more then I stop buying it for awhile. I have do a combo of calorie counting/SBD when I have nuts in the house. That way when I've eaten 6 oz in one sitting, I can figure out the calories and try to balance out the rest of the week.
    Sarah
  • I also love nuts, but I found that if I buy raw almonds I am not tempted beyond the 15 (roasted/salted, another story).
  • Nuts are a trigger food for me, also. Hummus usually works though (especially Sabra...mmmmm!)