Recommendation for adjustable dumbbells?

• I'm looking to purchase adjustable dumbbells so I can increase the weight without having to buy new equipment. I've looked at several different products and the price is all over the chart - from $50 to $900.

Anyone have a recommendation for a good set (that doesn't cost more than rent)?

TIA
  • Depends how much your rent is I researched this not too long ago and I ended up buying the power blocks. I think they are more stable and don't have the risk of plates falling out like other systems do.
  • Those are definitely at the higher end of the price scale. Are they worth it? What makes them better than the cheaper ones?
  • The thing that worried me about the cheaper ones was the danger of plates falling. I read various reviews of ones that are 'dial' adjustable and many people said after a few months, it wasn't unusual to have a plate fall. Now personally, I rather not risk that with the weight over my head. The powerblocks are also more compact than many of the other adjustables.
  • I'll check them out at a sporting goods store. Thanks for the recommendation!