Does coconut oil smell like coconut?

• Ok, this may be a dumb question, but I was wondering if coconut oil really smells like coconut? If not, what does it smell like?
    I'm wanting to use it on my face but I don't know how overpowering the smell might be.

Thanks
  • It does, but not in a crazy strong way I think you can get deodorized coconut oil if you prefer. I've used it on my face & elbows before, but I like the normal smell.
  • If you buy refined coconut oil, it won't really smell like anything.
  • I used to work at a place that sold coconut oil, and other things for making your own bath and body products.

Coconut oil come in different grades. If you want to use it on your face, try getting the cosmetic grade or food grade. There really isn't a smell, with these grades. Food grade can be found in health food stores, and cosmetic grades can be found at craft stores, or specialty soap suppliers. If you have any questions about aromatherapy or how to make your own bath and body products, just let me know!
  • You don't... like... coconut scent?

/boggles mind

Just kidding. I love coconut: the smell, the taste, the look, everything about it. I wear coconut as a scent, use coconut body butters, wash my hair with coconut shampoo... ah you get the idea. That coconut oil is the big thing atm (and I hope it stays that way) is just awesome.