Weekly Chat: June 7-June 13

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Good morning. We're getting ready to go out to lunch. A friend is coming over later to take some fish out of the pond. We're donating them for a church fish fry. Our pond is losing water (usual for summer) so we need to thin the fish. Curtis is a little sad because they are his pets. He feeds them daily. But they are going for a good cause.

Maryann, on the compliment. Your hard work is paying off.

Rhonda, I'm glad Doyle likes the steak dinner. Maybe he's adjusting. Life is good.

I'm OP.
  • Hey chicks, I spent the day with my mom helping her clean out some rooms in her house. They had started a process for getting their house sold before my dad died, so we are still moving forward. I know it seems soon for my mom, but finances are such that we don't have the luxury of waiting. I ate well the first half of the day then fell off the wagon. I simply must get the food gifts out of my house tomorrow. I still have a huge container of pasta salad, and a fudge pie left from the funeral. Tomorrow it goes to the trash.

Nancy, happy belated birthday. Did you just love the pedicure?

Rhonda, I'm sorry Doyle is having trouble with N/S. My dad tried it once and complained of being hungry a lot.

Sandra, what kind of fish are in your pond? Will Curtis attend the fish fry?

Maryann, congrats on the NSV. It's always encouraging when people notice your progress.

Vickie, sometimes pizza is the only thing that will do. How are you doing now?

Thanks again for all your kind words, chicks. Your support means a lot to me. Have a great night, y'all!
  • Sloan, I totally understand your throwing the foods away. That's a smart plan. We have some large catfish that need to be taken out. The friend came today but wasn't able to net them. He's going to have to come back another time right at dusk. I think Curtis and I will be able to eat them but I'm not sure.

I'm op.
  • Yes, Sloan, just throw the food away. It's really OK to do that.

Night all,
    Rhonda
  • I just ran our well dry...

We were putting some water in the pool and I was in charge
    of turning the water off after a few hours . I turned it the wrong way
    (all the way open instead of closed ) so the hose ran 4 extra hours.

I will get up every few hours to try to get the tank refilled
    (it cuts off when the pump doesn't have water)
    and then if we go easy tomorrow we should be okay.

Hubby is asleep...maybe he will never have to know

I am trying South Beach and I lost the 3 pound I had put on in the last few weeks. I am going to try to stick to phase 1 for a few more weeks.
  • Cute, Nancy! I did exactly the same thing last week while watering a tree. Thank goodness we don't have a tank and I just lowered the water table!

I hope you all have a good day. We went to a fantastic surprise birthday party last night. I ate a lot, drank margaritas and jumped in the pool fully dressed (with others; I'm not a total fool). I haven't done that for at least 45 years. What a lot of fun it was!
  • Good Morning Chicks! I'm hanging on by my fingertips but I'm back on program and doing well, if not happy about it. The stress will likely continue into next week. I hope all will be well. It's a financial matter and causing ultimate stress.

My scale is up about a half pound but I hope it will be gone by morning. I really need to get into losing mode again. I'll try to drink a lot of water today. I'm woefully behind, although I have been reading.

Nancy, I have a pedicure about once every 6 weeks and I LOVE it! Of course, I mostly do it because I cannot reach around my fat belly to take care of my feet and paint my toes. I also get horrible callouses from carrying all this weight around. I consider it to be a medical necessity!

Sandra, this is a lifelong battle, isn't it my friend? We will overcome this issue.

Rhonda, NS and JC are HARD!!! I'm sorry Doyle isn't finding stuff he likes. Did he like anything off of Jim's list? Do you get to pick? We try to only go out once a week because it just makes it that much harder to get back on program when we stray too much. Jumping in the pool sound like total JOYFUL fun! I'm so glad you did it. Our pool isn't warm enough yet but I hope it will be soon.

Nancy, I've never had a well so I don't know how serious what you did is. Is everything ok now?

Sloan, all things considered, I think it sound like you are doing great. That's heavy emotional stuff you are dealing with. Where is Mom going?

Mary Ann, how did your day go?

Angela and Paula.....how are things?

I'm off to eat some oatmeal made with yummy skim and fresh blueberries. It is such a great time of year. Friday I'm going to a Farmers Market to see what they have. I just bought some cherries and cantaloupe that are terrific. It makes eating fruit exciting instead of a chore.

I'll be back later!
  • Hi Ladies
    Just got back from brunch,looks like rain again,after a night of rain tapping on my bedroom sky lite.Might take a nap before the golf game comes on.

My DD called and she my DGK and my DS are coming up for 4 days at the end of next week. I was so happy to hear that they are finally making the trip up here. Going out and find a tour guild for kids and see whats happening up here for the kids interest.

SANDRA-Thanks,but the inches really didn't go away it just moved upward to my boobs. Afraid to take my measurement.Have to buy another size bra. My friend told me that happened to her also.

SLOANEThanks,wish the top half would have gone also,but that's my bod.We had more drinks[Pepsi, cokes & beer] than food[pizza], at our wake. Gave the beer away and finished the diet Pepsi,and threw out the Coke.

NANCY-Congrats on your 3 lbs lost. I like phase1 of the beach but than when putting back carbs in Ph 2 was where the lbs came back on. I'm very very bread carb sensitive. That's Way I make Atkins Rev Rolls.

VICKIE-Sorry Your stress is over financial matters,that come be every very stressful.Hope all straightens out for your soon.My friend made $200 for the yard sale and I cleaned out the basement after looking a few screws the handy man needed for the BBQ grill. Other wise I had a relaxing afternoon and evening.

Have a nice Sunday,
  • Hi everyone! It's beautifully thunderstormy here today. My brother had finally finished his 3-year medical residency in NYC (yay!), so he's here visiting us for about a week and a half before he goes on to his new job.

My little butterball is gaining weight hand over fist...at last weigh-in he was about 13 1/2 pounds! Also, I have lost 4.8 so far, after 3 weeks of WW. Not too shabby!

Have a peaceful Sunday all,
    Angela
  • Hi there. We just got home from church/eating lunch. I got my costume for VBS. I'm to be "Rhoda" the first night. (June 21) I was relieved they have a costume large enough for me. I was afraid they'd all be kids's sizes.

Maryann, how kewl that your family's coming to visit. You're going to have a great time.

Rhonda, my hat's off to you. I'm glad you had a good time and glad you took the plunge. Makes me smile.

Vickie,this is a lifestyle for sure. I'msorry you're having financial stress and hope all goes well soon.

Nancy, I keep flooding our place. Good thing we're not on a well. (I hope you don't get caught.)

I'm op.
  • Mary Ann tell me more about these Atkins Rolls...

Our water seems to have recovered.. Our well just can't handle
    long uses of water like I accidentally did yesterday. Sometimes it takes
    a week to get back to normal but I lucked out..
    I told Robin what I did after he had a nice shower this am

We had a lazy Sunday with a big afternoon thunderstorm..My tomatoes
    liked the drink . My son has a bad cold and stayed in bed all day...

Funny story..
    I was in line behind this sweet 92 year old man today who bought a
    phone on sale and was very confused that he only got the advertised price
    if he went online and applied for the $20 rebate. The more they explained the more confused he was "I don't even have a computer" he said..

After he went thru the line he was off to the side trying to sort all his receipts. I talked to him and showed him what to send in and where to mail
    it , and finally told him I would be glad to just give him the $20 and mail it in for him.

He asked "why would you do that for me "
    I told him "you remind me of my dad and I really miss my dad "

By that point I am crying and he is asking about my family and we have a touching moment. I gave him the money and and he gave me a hug and I went back to the car .
    Robin was waiting and saw the phone receipt "Long story " I said LOL.
  • Nancy, that's a beautiful story. You make me proud.

I'm op.
  • Great story Nancy. Good for you!
  • Good Morning Ladies

Another Monday and my W-I this morning was a maintain.Realized that my calorie count is below 1000c a couple of days might bring my weight loss to a halt. Going to work on this before next W-I.

NANCY-The Atkins Rev Rolls are very easy to make they are made with eggs, cheese, & seasonings. Hope I can put the recipe on this thread,as its not a WW recipe.
    [[3 eggs,separated,1 pkg splenda,dash of salt, pinch of cream of tartar[optional],3 tb cottage cheese OR ricotta cheese]
    Preheat oven 300 degrees.separate the eggs,add sweetener,salt,& cheese to the egg yolks. If desired ad cream of tartar to the egg whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff[white don't don't slide when bowl is tilted] Using a spatula gradually add the yolk mixture to the meringue.use some parchment paper on a cookie sheet for easy clean up. Spoon the mixture on cookie sheet to make 6 rolls Bake 300 for 50m. The come out crispy,I put mine in the freezer and use as needed by leaving them out at room temp.]]

They are very tasty more like a sponge cake.

Nancy what a beautiful story God bless you for doing that.