OT: What are you reading?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Not a paganchick, but noticed the people reading Brandon Sanderson and got excited, hope it's okay that I posted in here. He is such a great writer, I loved Elantris and am working my way through the Mistborn books. My boyfriend and I went to see him when he was in the DC area for the release of The Way of Kings and he was great at the signing, really friendly and it was nice to get a chance to chat with him a little about his books.
  • Not reading anything at the moment Now that we're all unpacked from the move maybe I can pick up one of the several books I have yet to read LOL
  • Audri - welcome! Love to hear from other book lovers.

Just finished a book called Mortal Engines by Phillip Reeve. It's a bit like Harry Potter for Steampunks - LOL! It was quite good.
  • I am reading a few things actually. I am reading Under the Dome by Stephen king. A few cozy mysteries with a paranormal twist, and a graphic novel called The corpse Deliver service.
  • I needed something light and airy, so I picked up a copy of "The Enchanted Cat" by Ellen Dugan. I like it very much, its positive, good (feeling) magick.
  • I have a couple of books on the go right now The 13th book of the Wheel of Time, The Power of Water by Dr. M Emoto, Alex and Me by Dr. Irene Pepperberg ( I have a 19 year old African Grey), Alchemical Healing by Nicki Scully, and bits and pieces of the Book of Stones.
  • New here, hello everyone. Here's a thread I can definitely get into; I am never without a book.

Currently I have going: Good Omens, by Neil Gaiman (again); Lodge Magan's Glimpses of the LHP; Idea of the Holy, Otto; The Essential Rumi, Barks (not the best anthology, but it's hard to eff up Rumi); and a book on learning Norwegian. And textbooks, but those don't count. Hmm, I guess only one of those is strictly "pagan," but everything contributes, right?
  • I'm never without a book either. I'm addicted to Goodreads, lol. I'm currently reading The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan, but my all time favorite is the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich! I'll be starting book #11 soon.
  • I just finished 'A Discovery of Witches' by Deborah Harkness. Absolutely loved it! I read it in two days because I couldn't put it down.
  • Just finished The Heroes by Joe Abercrombie. One of the best fiction series I have ever read. When I picked up The Blade Itself I was in instant love. You can tell by the first page whether you'll love it or hate it.

Currently I have The Golden Bough; Masks, Transformations, and Paradox; Puck of Pook's Hill; and The Tain sitting in my to read pile. Well, reread in the case of Puck, but it's been a few years.