Can I have???

• Can I have salsa? All of the items in salsa are on the list but wasnt sure.
  • I believe fresh salsa is ok not the jar kind
  • oops, Glad that I am on preconditioning. Thanks I will know better for next time. I will have to make my own salsa then.
  • salsa is *ok* but you have to look at the sugar and sodium content...that will prob make it a nono.
  • Fresh salsa is ok there is a recipie in the cookbook for salsa but u have 2 count it a veggie
  • I make my own salsa in the blender.
    Tomatoes, jalapenos, garlic powder, onion powder and cumin. Mmmmmmm.
  • Quote: I make my own salsa in the blender.
    Tomatoes, jalapenos, garlic powder, onion powder and cumin. Mmmmmmm.
    That sounds great, can you give more specifics? How many tomatoes, etc... I have never made my own.
  • wow, you're making me hungry Daizy.

Anyway, I know there is a salsa recipe in the book and I believe on the recipe thread.
  • I would start with 4 tomatoes for 1 jalapeno or chili. The spices are all about 1 tablespoon. After that I just go by taste. I always taste it after I blend it to see if it tastes right. If its not 'mexican' enough that is the cumin. You can usually tell if you have added enough garlic and onion powder. Dependng on the blender and how you like the salsa it might come out runny so it could take a few different batches to figure out how you like it.

I will put this with eggs and cheese for breakfast and the old cookbook has a recipe for breakfast caserole that calls for salsa. Its good on mini pizzas made with tortillas and any meat.

Let me know how it turns out!

Another thing allowed on plan is Frank's Hot Sauce. Its great if you like buffalo wing flavored sauce. I make nuggets with it. I think the recipe is in the thread. Ver good.