Staying Primal in June!!!

You're on Page 6 of 17
Go to
  • Hey Bob I'm am definitely not eating cookies in a dark room ... on the shirt-o-meter fit

Sassy -- I agree I also want a diet that has the proper nutrients ... I found that V8 has a lot of potassium... Coconut water has potassium too...
  • Congrats on the shirt Bob!

I think I'm good with my potassium...salmon,avocados,spinach are popular at my hse and they have good levels. I haven't felt insufficient in any vitamins so far. I get loads of sun and eat a good variety of food, I feel good so I'm not going to start over analyzing too much.

Besides potassium deficiencies cramps can be due to dehydration, just a thought since the weather is warmer...

I absolutely love coconut water, its like a miracle drink for the body, but I hate wasting carbs on it. I buy a liter of it every few wks and have a sip now and again.
  • No cookies here either. I just don't have anything to add.
    Steak for supper ho hum. Might have a wee nap first.
  • lmao @ eating chocolate chip cookies in a dark room. One thing I've never been is a bedroom eater (which is usually the only room I have dark - grin). I do love me some cookies, though. I had to cut out the baked good entirely, I just cannot be around them.

Today was good, probably not the most primal with two servings of fruit and dairy:
    Cottage cheese, apple
    broccoli rabe, leftover pot roast
    fresh blueberries, yogurt
    tonight: spinach omelet with garlic and bacon
  • Quote: I think I'm good with my potassium...salmon,avocados,spinach are popular at my hse and they have good levels. I haven't felt insufficient in any vitamins so far. I get loads of sun and eat a good variety of food, I feel good so I'm not going to start over analyzing too much.
    You know, I live in Florida and am in the sun every day and never thought I needed vitamin D supplementation. But I started to take a D gelcap a few months back, and it has improved my mood noticeably, I mean significantly.

It sounds like you eat really well, Kara.
  • Kara -- Why over analize if we feel good... I'm just going to make sure I eat whole healthy foods with potassium, as you do....

We had a meatza tonight it was soooo good I made it with about a pound of lean ground chicken added an egg, a bit of bread crumbs 2T or so, 1/4c parm cheese, mixed that and spread it on a parchment paper on a pizza pan, cooked it in a 400F oven for about 17 minutes... I took it out and added a thin layer of pizza sauce, green peppers, spinach, mushrooms, feta cheese, mozarella cheese, some slices of pepperoni... I sprinkled it all with Italian seasoning...I could not believe how good it smelled and how much the rest of the family loved it too!!

Here is my lovely daughter Mia showing off the Meatza, Mamma Mia!!

• Enough already!!! I am making Meatza tomorrow!!!!
  • @ Bob....

Well I've come to the conclusion that potassium was not the problem with my leg cramp because I looked back on my Fitday and I never have enough potassium even on days when I have 50% carbs!! So, maybe it was hydration although I drink a lot of water and green tea... Oh, well it hasn't happened since ...
  • Ilene: HOLY COW! (chicken!) That looks AMAZING!!!
  • Ilene, that does look wonderful! And Mia is a lovely girl!

There, I got ground beef out of the freezer

There are a few things I had to toss into the freezer part of the fridge to make room for our beef. So I made up some frozen turnip for supper last night. It was so nice to go ahead and mix it up with cream and butter!
  • Yum Ilene, haven;t used ground chicken yet! I am making that tonight...My son goes nuts over meatzas, I always sneak in extra pureed veggies in the sauce, can't wait til hes older and will actually eat them on their own. Brocolli, gbeans and carrots are the only veggies he'll eat un-disguised.

I haven't gotten my tabatas in like I've wanted, its been nuts here between swim lessons, squeezing in a nap for the baby and playdates...I am packing the kids up and heading to the soccer field when it cools off today to run sprints, just have to do it!
  • I just bought some ground beef for a meatza, but that chicken one looks great. My husband isn't crazy about pizza, so hopefully he'll like it. We need to do some experimenting. I haven't felt like cooking much since the weather has warmed up.
  • It doesn't look like I get the meatza tonight. Too many leftovers. It also doesn't look like I will fast for a day tomorrow because of a luncheon. How rude is it to go to a restaurant where a client is buying lunch and just have water?

Anyway, just checking in. Hope everyone had a good day. I've had some pecans and beef jerky. Leftovers for dinner.
  • Rudeness may not be the only issue. I've read in several business psychology textbooks that what you order, how you order, and what you eat at a business lunch makes a strong impression.

I remember more of the female-specific ones (appearing to be dieting leaves a negative impression for both females and males, but is more severe for males). I do remember reading that ordering steak left a positive impression for males, but could go either way for women. Appearing confident in your choice was important, so the books recommended calling or visiting the restaurant to review the menu beforehand (this was before many restaurants posted their menus online). Being able to make a swift and decisive choice, was seen positively for both men and women.

Ordering what the highest ranking male orders (assuming that he gets to order first) is seen as positive - unless it seems like you're overtly copying another person at the table." The books suggested making a subtle change, such as a different salad dressing, and ordering as if you were unaware of the other person's choice (no "I'll have what he's having" or "I'll have the same, except..."

I've even read that "medium to medium-rare" is the best way to order your steak to leave a good impression (and medium-well was considered the most you could order without leaving a bad impression).

I don't know how much stock I put in all of this. And I think it depends on the purpose of the lunch. Is it important to leave the best impression? It might be, if you're applying for a job, or future sales or status ride on the business relationship. If the relationship is well-established, it may make less of a difference.
  • The day I order food with the specific intention of impressing anyone other than myself... just shoot me.