Staying Primal in June!!!

You're on Page 13 of 17
Go to
  • Claire, I agree that Primal is much easier than calorie counting...
  • Quote: Good morning!

I've got a nice lunch for you ...

Crumbled up fried ground beef, sour cream, grated cheese and salsa. We loved it and will have it again. We could have done that over lettuces, I suppose but I didn't have any. Taco salad?
    I could eat taco salad almost everyday. It's one of my favorites and so easy.
  • I'm doing halfway good on primal. I just had an intense project at work, so I've been working night and day. I finally have a breather. And we're in the process of buying a weekend cabin. I can't wait to have a refuge in the country.

I can't believe I'm not craving chocolate or sweets anymore. I haven't even touched my dark chocolate in over a week. I'm still eating a little sugar, but it's mainly in my tea and I've gone way done. I can barely gag things that are too sweet.

I've lost a little bit. Maybe 6 or 7 lbs. It's slow, but that's fine.
  • Quote: Claire, I agree that Primal is much easier than calorie counting...
    You said it!

It's easier not to count and it's easier not to overeat if you eat primal (or primal-ish. I use dairy more than I should).

This is the only way of eating that for me has ever seemed sustainable while losing weight.

That said, I am not eating all that well. Take today, I've had ice tea with fake sweetener, cashews, feta cheese and some green olives. I am too exhausted to cook, and refuse to buy fast food, so I've been picking at stuff. Hopefully my husband will come home and feel sorry for me and cook.
  • Picking is one of the reasons I like eating primally. A pepperette, a chunk of cheese ... which I don't have to meaure or weigh ... I'm surprised how often I'm not hungry enough to bother with anything more.

Yesterday, I picked some greens while I was in the garden checking things. I tossed them in a pot to cook down. We never had it for a meal. I just picked away at it.
  • Quote: I could eat taco salad almost everyday. It's one of my favorites and so easy.
    That does sound good, Susan. We made meatza tonight for first time with ground venison. It was delicious! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Good morning. Havent posted here for a few days, I've been sick. I have lost a lb due to it (wish it was more) I just hope that lb will stay off now that I am eating again. Is Primal easier then low carb? I am thinking of trying something different but there are so many different diets that I just dont know. I dont like having to count calories or anything.
  • For many years, I've been scratching my head about low carb. What's normal carb? Do most of eat high carb? If I don't know what's mid carb, can I be low carb????

By default, if I eat no grain and no sugar, my carbs are lower.

Tymaboy? Are you finding low carb difficult? How so?
  • Tyma -- I really like Primal because of not having to count calories, but I still do count calories, but now I count carbs too... I`m anal like that ...

Something funny happened this morning... I made my 2 egg omellette with red peppers, a sprinkle of cheese, started eating it, got distracted, came back to the table, looked at my plate and I was stuffed after only eating a quarter of it... This is another good thing about primal, I am definitely not as hungry as before, Ì've never looked at a plate of food partially eaten and thought I was full...
  • Quote: For many years, I've been scratching my head about low carb. What's normal carb? Do most of eat high carb? If I don't know what's mid carb, can I be low carb????

Hi Susan, we posted at the same time .... I agree that by default no grains and sugar = lower carbs along with a more satiated feeling...
  • Hi everyone! I have finally arrived at my destination. I'm pretty happy my weight has stayed the same since leaving home.

Now I've got to kick it into higher gear ... I'm going to a wedding overseas in 6 weeks and I will be in Onederland!
  • Quote: For many years, I've been scratching my head about low carb. What's normal carb? Do most of eat high carb? If I don't know what's mid carb, can I be low carb????

Before going back to low carb pretty much everything we ate was carbs. Lots of pasta, potatoes etc. Its very easy to eat alot of carbs. The 1st week of going low carb this time around was very hard, I really think I was was having with draw symptoms. Before starting the diet I tried to be careful as to how much sweets I ate ( hard to do when the rest of the family doesnt really care) I have been really paying attention to the labels & it seems like everything that I would like is high in carbs, even though I dont think it would be that bad for me. I feel that I need to find something that I can enjoy more without having to pay attention so much to the amount of carbs & not count calories. I also need to get off my butt & go work out.
  • Feeding a family does add a twist, I think. Do you make one-dish dinners or meat and potato type meals?
  • Tyma -- I have a family of 4 adults living at home... They all eat lots of carbs, It IS very very hard, but I guess I'm stuborn and I don't eat their carbs or sugars anymore. It does get easier with time...

Susan, brings up a good point, I always make meat and potato type meals with a vegetable. Since eating Primal I now make 2 different vegetables, a BAS salad and another veggie most often a grilled in the oven veggie... I make a carb for them, eg: rice, pasta, potato etc...... I fill my plate with meat and two different veggies, no carb. Well, lo and behold the last few times I've made a carb, rice or pasta, they barely touched it, I had to throw it out a few days later. So now they are eating mostly the 2 veggies I make... My family does not know I am doing low carb, no one does... I don't mention it because I don't want to answer to all the blah, blah, blah good or bad of low carb eating... All I know about low carbing is that I feel better, no more bloat, gas, etc......
  • Quote: Tyma -- . All I know about low carbing is that I feel better, no more bloat, gas, etc......
    ME TOO!

Down to 146 this morning!