NSV! NSV! (shoes)

• So okay. Like many, there are a bunch of limitations I have experienced due to being fat. Tiring quickly, aches and pains, not being able to wrap a normal sized bath towel around me (Really? Who makes these things? Even when I was 135 lbs they seemed tiny to me).

However, I don't think I realized until now the insane manner in which I was tying my shoes. Seriously, that was some hardcore contortionist stuff I was doing, and my little bows always came out all crooked and sad looking.

This morning I got up, got dressed and pulled on my beloved Chuck Taylors. When I went to tie them I realized I was doing it like a normal person. You know, just bending over and tying my freakin shoes. Apparently I'm now able to lean forward past my ginormous boobs and tummy and TIE MY SHOES now.

Yeah. It's the little things.
  • That is awesome. I bet you felt great..Here's to many more NSVs!!!
  • Celebrating stuff like that is what keeps you motivated! I love it!
  • congratulations. That must make you feel wonderful.
  • That is awesome, congrats!
  • I love your goals, girlie! This means you get to buy yourself a really nice lace-up pair of granny boots, right?
  • That is awesome!!!
  • Ahhaa congrats! I just started noticing that I tie my shoes like fat person... So one of NSV goals is to tie my shoes like a healthy weight person.
  • Fantastic!

A.
  • Yayyy!!!!!!
  • Congratulations! And it's all those little things that keep you on track sometimes!
  • Thanks everyone! I have to say I was giddy all day. In lieu of the gym, my boyfriend and I drove out to a friend's family farm, walked and walked and walked, and did some serious cherry picking. Came away with 5 lbs. of beautiful Ranier cherries (yay healthy snacks!) for FREE, a great, active day outside and at the end of the afternoon STILL perfectly tied (albeit wicked dusty) Chucks. It really, really is the little things.

Quote: I love your goals, girlie! This means you get to buy yourself a really nice lace-up pair of granny boots, right?
    Hee! I already have my eye on a couple pairs of killer gladiator sandals with a great heel and an annoying, seemingly impossible buckle. I might as well think big, right?

To infinity and beyond!
  • so happy for you! & here's to many more NSV!
  • LOL- that's awesome! It is the little things that count!