This NSV feels HUGE!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Guys, I don't even know how to contain my awesome feelings right now. I am SO super stoked, and I can't pretend to hide it!

Yesterday, after much contemplation and a bit of reading, I decided that I want to try to do the C25K program. Everyone seems to rave about how wondeful it is, and I've always wished I was better at running.

Today... I did Week 1, Day 1...

AND I FEEL AWESOME!!!!

I did it! I really, really did it! Day one is a five minute warmup, followed by 60 seconds of running alternating with 90 seconds of walking, and a five minute cooldown. Comes out to 31 minutes, and I freaking DID it!!!! I ran the entire time when I was supposed to, I made great use of my walking time to even my breathing out if I needed it... And I got home more sweaty than I think I've ever been in my freaking life! So happy right now. SO, so happy!
  • That is awesome!!! I read what you do for day one, so I know how much work you did today. Keep it up!
  • Congrats!
  • Ninepaw, what a FANTASTIC job! I have never heard of C25k until now. You are so inspiring! I know what I'm doing Monday! Please keep us updated and let us know how it goes!!
  • You go girl!!!
  • Great job! Know that every Mon, Wed and Friday morning I'm at my gym, doing the same thing! So excited, yet nervous, to try the next week's workout!
  • :)
    Woo! So happy for you! Keep it up! I am sure we are all interested in hearing how this works out for you!
  • Awesome! I started with C25K, also, and remember what an accomplishment it felt like, doing that first workout. Congratulations!
  • Nice work! Congratulations!

Cheers,

J
  • Way to go! Congrats
  • That is awesome!!!!!! Great job, keep it up!
  • Good job! I'm looking at the library to see if any of these are available!
  • that is sooo awesome! My DH convinced me to do that in Jan. Before then I couldn't run one minute without needing an oxygen mask!!! I remember being so scared of the 5 min run *gasp*...then read ahead and saw there would be a 28 min run.. what? are you kidding me?

now i have to say running is one of my fav things. I even ran a 4.2 mile run in April with a friend and now we are training for the half marathon in Jan 2011. It really can change you.

I am very proud of you..since only a few months ago I was in your same shoes! WTG!!!
  • Great job! I started the C25K training maybe a week and a half ago but I am repeating week 1. I have had problems with running in the past and don't want to over do it. Congratulations and keep it up!

Aw man if you were just a bit closer I would say we should do our c25k training together! I am in Davis though.