P90x??

• I know most of these posts have been about diet drugs, but has anyone heard of/had success with the P90X program or know what it's about?

Thanks!
  • My husband has it and was doing it for a little while. It is a VERY intense work out. In fact, it's such an intense/advanced work out that they don't expect you to be able to do all of it at first. Basically, you watch the DVD while you're working out and you do the best you can. You do as many reps as you safely can for each move and as you continue the program, you'll be able to do more and more.

Like with anything, if you stick to the program, it works. However, it's such a hard work out to follow that a lot of people might try it for a few days and end up so tired and sore that they're discouraged from ever doing it again. When my husband did it for 3 weeks straight, I could see (and feel!) a difference in his muscle definition. That was great, but then he quit using it :-(
  • Here is a thread of those currently doing P90x:
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitn...y-joiners.html

I have P90x and did the first month. I liked it a lot but I also thought it was slow. The instructor (Tony) talks a lot and I wish at times he'd just get a move on. You need to dedicate about 60 minutes, 6 days per week to do it. If he didn't talk so much, the workouts would be shorter. Also, I found the workouts to be very scalable.
  • I know people who are/have done it and if you stick to it you will get amazing results- you just have to push past the soreness.
  • i used to work in a place that handled shipping and handling of this product. They have a guarantee on it if your not happy to return it. Soooo many people would return it more than it would leave the warehouse. we handled those and beachbody videos. Lots of people would comment on paper saying how horrible was their product.
  • Hmm, I'm almost finished it. I haven't followed it to a T. Sometimes I do doubles; sometimes I don't. But it works, IMHO. It's intense; it's very difficult, especially the first 3 weeks I would say, and you need to be willing to invest 5-6 days a week an hour a day.

I personally went down two sizes, from a size 8/10 to a size 4/6. But obviously, sizes don't mean everything with the variation. And I really did only see visible results (TO ME) in the last month. So you have to be patient.
  • Wow that's awesome! Thanks for all the feedback guys... I decided to go with Chalean Extreme after what I read on all the threads and then go with P90X if i feel that I need more of a challenge later