Scary Halloween Challenge

You're on Page 16 of 24
Go to
  • On the broomstick & gotta fly!!!!! Greetings to all on this SCARY SATURDAY!!!! Gotta take car in yet again because evil van hit it in parking lot ... gotta do paying work sometime ... gotta exercise ... gotta take shower ... sorry, this be a HAG, HAG, HAG, HAG, HAG post!!!!

Hocuspocusfocusfocus! Magic spell: "I will lose a pound this week. I will lose it as I sleep. I will lose it as I speak. I will lose a pound this week!"

Bye-bye!!!!
  • good evening everyone,
    Im feeling better today my cough isn't nearly as bad. The weather here really sucks and Im starting to feel it in my knees but that is ok it will go away once the weather dries up a bit, if it ever does. Well I made some choices today that surprised me. I asked everyone what they wanted for dinner tonight and I got answer like pizza and fries with gravy from my hubby and hot dog and fries from the kids. So I picked the stuff up when I went for groceries and had to decided what I was going to have. I bought some mixed salad greens, an acorn squash small one and I went to the butcher and bought 1 pork chop big enough to get 2 meals out of. So I had my meal well after them and I had 6oz of pork chop sauteed mushrooms, salad, 1 potato and half the squash, needless to say I was stuffed and really enjoyed my meal. As for hubby and his pizza and fries with gravy I could have had my meal twice for the same number of points his meal cost him.
    I felt pretty good about those choices because I could have said oh I'll just have the pizza, I know Im much more satisfied and I won't need anything else for the rest of the day.
  • Good for you, Dollar, in being able to sidestep pizza and fries with gravy. It tok you a little more work, but the pride you must feel in yourself and your ability and determination must feel well worth it!!!

Hago isn't doing as well. The Saturday Binge Demons have been and gone and hope for the much-vaunted weigh-in wanes! Oh, well! I'll lose a pound NEXT week! Or maybe a kindly will stop by and I'll squeak by!!

Time marches on! Don't feel well after those BDs hit the hut! Gotta rest.

• No applause ...
    No, really, I insist, no applause! Oh, that's ok then if you must! (Amazing Amarantha blushes with false modesty!) :

WARNING: ANOTHER ME, ME, ME POST! Sigh!

Well, it be like this, the development of Amazing's fantastic Transformation Trick has passed its first milestone. Amarantha, having heard THE CLICK, has been practicing THE TRICK (no treats, good eats)!!! She hath lost a pound this week!!! She will lose a pound a week until she reacheth her ultimate goal of 135 pounds!!! But firstly, she will lose another pound next week to reach her (revised) Scary Halloween Challenge goal. Perhaps someone will post a Thanksgiving and/or Christmas Challenge and she will take these on also. Amarantha hath now THE CLICK, the MAGIC TOUCH!!! She CANNOT FAIL in any challenge she accepts (weight-wise, anyhooooo)!!!

Hag is on vacation, so Elbertine Pep will post a roster update! Here also is a statement o' Amarantha's stats that she posteth on her journal also today. Oddly enough, they match Haggie's stats exactly. Very odd:

Starting Weight of Transformation Challenge: 166.5
    Current Weight: 165.5
    Transformation Challenge Pounds Lost: 1
    Highest Weight Ever Recorded: 247
    Lowest Weight in Adulthood: 101 (Too Low)
    Lowest Weight Since Major Weight Loss Intiative Approx. 5 Years Ago: 142
    Pounds Gained Back: 24.5
    Scary Halloween Challenge Goal (revised): 164.5
    Ultimate Goal: 135

Amarantha's Amazing Motto and Magic Spell: I WILL LOSE A POUND THIS WEEK! I WILL LOSE IT WHEN I SLEEP; I WILL LOSE IT WHEN I SPEAK! I WILL LOSE A POUND THIS WEEK!!!

• The Scary Halloween Challenge Roster

Amarantha: Starting Weight (revised) 166.5; Now 165.5; Halloween (revised) 164.5

Anagram: Starting Weight 232.8; Now 232; Halloween 225

Babette: Starting Weight 213; Halloween 199

Bobsgal: Starting Weight 258; Now 252; Halloween 250

Dollar: Starting Weight 209; Now 204.4; Halloween 198

Eydie: Starting Weight 157; Now 154; Halloween 148

Guinever: Starting Weight 164; Halloween In 150s

Hotsplashes: Starting Weight 180.5; Now 178; Halloween 175

Jadcie: Starting Weight 189; Now 184, Halloween 180

Kmabry: Starting Weight 163; Halloween 160

Punkinseed: Starting Weight 232.5; Halloween 220

Scoobysnacks: Starting Weight 193; Now 187, Halloween 185

SplittinMySeams: Starting Weight 237; Halloween 230

• I also must apologize for the 'it's all about me' post. I've been so remiss in responding to everyone and I'm sorry about that and will remedy it soon. All of you are really dear to me!

I've been doing some heavy journal work and am finally coming to grips with a lot of childhood issues that aren't pleasant at all but have to be looked at if I'm going to be really healthy and stay true to the vision of what I want my life to be. And I'm sure beyond all doubt that this is the source of my weight problem; I know this is the missing link--because I'm clear on the food/ exercise thing---it's my head that needs work. And I think with this last "click" I feel strong enough to face down all the old demons.
  • Good Morning all.
    We are startinfg a new week and it is going to be a good one RIGHT!!!! That is my pep talk for the day.
    It is 731am and I have my lunch all packed for work today. I worked all weekend but it was a very productive weekend at work so I should get plenty of work done the rest of the week. Of course working in a Nursing Home you just never know what is going to happen from day to day. Have a great day all.
  • Wooooooooo-hooooooo! It's another week and Hagometer hopes to hear some Happy Halloween wooooo-hoooooing from all the witchies, ghosties, hobgoblins, etc., a howdy-doooooo will do!!!! Let's go into the (U.S.) Thanksgiving Season STRONG STRONG STRONG ... Canadians have already exemplified true focus and dedication in their Thanksgiving celebration ... they could repeat that and join us downunders in another healty and focused foodfest season.

Eydie: Hag thinketh no one feeleth they have to be answered as speaking for Hag, it be always just a pleasure to have thee in the room!!!! She thinketh thou hast hit the weight loss nail on the head by realizing it IS the head that's the crux o' the matter. Good luck on thy continuing journey!!!

Dollar: Thou soundest so upbeat it beith a joy to Hagometer, who oft needeth a happy boost at this hour!!! Thanks for sharing!

"I lost a pound this week! I have lost a pound this week! I had lost a pound this week! I WILL lose a pound this week!"

• Ooooh, it's good to be home!!!!

I had a good meeting, and great last visit of the year with my friends in CA. I got home and almost dropped to kiss my front deck - I'M HOME!!!!!!!! With nowhere to go until next year....
    The drive home was hellish - rain, hail, wind... but, I don't have to do it again until NEXT YEAR!!!!!

I am running after, and jumping happily back on the wagon. Now that I'm back on the wagon, I think I'll do a little jig...
    Oooh, I miss healthy food!! For the last 3 weeks I've done fast food, restraunts and "sick people" food (aka mashed potatoes, pudding and comfort foods). And the scale showed it - up 6 pounds I fear not, I do not weep on my scale, no, I see this as a fresh start. I haven't been drinking all my water, my choices have been so-so (vs. the "what the ****" attitude of the past) and to be honest, I don't believe all 6 pounds are of the fluffy variety since traveling and eating out constantly does "things" to my body ifyouknowwhatImean....

Today is my first weigh/measure day at Curves and my first day of attendance!!! I'm SO excited!!!!

Amarantha - You'd move??? Oooooh, it would be so incredible to meet you! And the Bend Bulletin could use you!!

Dollar - I'm glad you're feeling better - that's some bug isn't it??

Eydie - I agree, sometimes the "issues" have to be dug up. We know this healthy stuff, and sometimes it's biological as to why we keep the weight on - but what about the psychological reason?? I discovered too that there was a reason to my weight - why I'd want to keep up that "protective coating". Major breakthrough.... Congrats on yours and take care of you while you're doing this inner searching, ok?

Scooby - How are you doing? I agree with Amarantha that it's good and healthy that you're able to have a good cry. AND that you're also relying on exercise for some stress relief! Bravo!

Ok, time to get to work....

Terri
  • yippee skippie
    Helllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooo

Feeling good today. Went to the gym in the morning cause i just dont have the motivation to go at nite anymore. Its the not sleeping thing probably.

Well i weighted myself today and im down to 184. YAY YAY YAY.
    however i did have a jelly donut...yesterday. It was tasty and worth it. So im actually changing my halloween goal to 180. Im not reallly sure i can hit it...but why not aim high. What do i have to lose..hopefully WEIGHT..hehe.

Well dollar thats awesome that you had the power to avoid the pizza. That is a hard one! Thats great that had the strenght..you should feel really proud of yourself.

Eydie...we are all here for ourself and each other. You add significance with your stories. Cause we can all relate. So dont apologize about anything! We are here to help you not make you feel guilty.

Amaratha when are you going on vacation? Where are you going on vacation? Take us please! You will be greatly missed. As for your messages are always so god dam funny But we will be good witches, gobblins, and scarecrows your partying!
    Thank goodness for elbertine pep....i hope she is as cute as u if possible.

Well toddles til the next post! Hold strong....working towards a healthy lifestyle!
  • Nooooooon ....
    Deadline but really almost done!!! Hagometer needeth to post here often to reinforce her scary holiday spirit. Since declaring the Pound a Week Transformation Challenge on her journal, Amarantha hasn't been around much to talk to pooooor Haggie about the SCARY HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE!!! Hag be motivated by the holiday challenges and keeps looking at the little fall scarecrow doll figure she bought when starting this challenge and she thinketh ... hmmmm, that'll do nicely, thankee, for a Thanksgiving Goal Ghoulie as well.

Punkin o' Friday!!! It be Monday and thou be home at last, thanks be!!! Amarantha doest know what thou means by too much restaurant food, etc. ... it's odd (speaking only for Amarantha, not meaning anyone else) how one goes on binges and/or eats too much bad food when really it is good, moderate eating habits that make us feel better all day long and that help us reach the goals we say we want. Why does Amarantha do that?

Scooby!!! Thou deserveth a jelly donut!!! THOU BE DOWN THREEEEEEEEE POUNDS!!!! That's fantastic!!!! And good for thee for going to gym in the morning ... thy consistency is paying off! Hagometer will update thy loss and thy goal ... keep a'going, Scooooobydobeedo!!!!

Back to work for Hago!!!

"I'm LOSING a pound this week! My willpower is at it's peak! I WILL lose a pound this week!!!" ~ Amarantha
  • P.S. Hago does know that "it's" is a contraction for "it is" and not the possessive form of "it." She typeth it incorrectly in the above post and it takes to long to go back and edit.

Hmmmm, also ... rereading posts, she must clarify that she is not going on vacation anytime soon. Sigh. Howsomever, she is looking at all the openings in Oregon and Washington State. Punkin, thou is kind to say the Bend paper needeth Hago!!!! Too bad they don't see it your way!!!

Ok, now working!
  • The Scary Halloween Challenge Roster

Amarantha: Starting Weight (revised) 166.5; Now 165.5; Halloween (revised) 164.5

Anagram: Starting Weight 232.8; Now 232; Halloween 225

Babette: Starting Weight 213; Halloween 199

Bobsgal: Starting Weight 258; Now 252; Halloween 250

Dollar: Starting Weight 209; Now 204.4; Halloween 198

Eydie: Starting Weight 157; Now 154; Halloween 148

Guinever: Starting Weight 164; Halloween In 150s

Hotsplashes: Starting Weight 180.5; Now 178; Halloween 175

Jadcie: Starting Weight 189; Now 184, Halloween 180

Kmabry: Starting Weight 163; Halloween 160

Punkinseed: Starting Weight 232.5; Halloween 220

Scoobysnacks: Starting Weight 193; Now 184, Halloween (revised) 180

SplittinMySeams: Starting Weight 237; Halloween 230

• Amarantha... did I ever tell you about the Bend Bulletin HUGE headline when those miners in Pennsylvania were trapped? The headline read: Minors Are Trapped!

Hmmm I thought they were all over the age of 18....

Our paper needs at least a proof reader desperately! (and to quit relying on spell-check alone)

One other thing I forgot to mention... I know, with all my heart I will not make my Halloween Challenge - too much travel, illness and injury I'm afraid... Today is my first day at Curves, so I intend on whoopin' some Turkey Time Challenge butt!!
    So, if no one minds, I'll be hangin' my witchy head, humbly hanging out here and be witness to all of your successes! Call me the resident cheerleader

I'm looking forward to getting back on track and participating more in the next challenge...

Terri
  • Punkin! I do think you mentioned the "minor" fiasco! Sheesh! They DO need me. Spell check's ok as a finishing touch, but you gotta "think, think, think," too. But I've done worse things. Once I put the wrong date on a paper and not only was it the wrong date, but it was a date that didn't exist that year. Only one elderly gentleman called to tell me about it. "You've projected us into the future," he complained!

Punkin, hast thou not seen Amarantha's REVISED challenge goal!? See thou, this be the thing that's cool about computers ... we can CHANGE what we put in here!!! So thou can simply CHANGE thy goal for this last week ... if it be thy pleasure ... but Hagatha understandeth whatever a person wants is what they want so no pressure to do otherwise ... or something like that (brain-dead Hag just got off deadline and hath no more ability to form cogent sentences ... not that she ever did) ... anyhow, I'm NOT taking thee off the roster, but can change it if thou desire!!

I feel thou will get back on track (though it be a CURVED track! ) and that is what is important. I like your name for the Turkey Time Challenge ... mayhap thou wouldst post that thread when thou feeleth ready (if thou desireth)!!!

Amarantha is now strangely starving but not in danger of breaking her caloric limit and no Binge Demons seem about. After midnight, she will have a snackie as is her custom!!! She counteth these snackies on the next day's caloric tally and they help if no Binge Demons are on the premises.

Hope no one minds Amarantha speaking about herself in the third person or putting "th" after every other wordeth. She finds herself doing this in emails now. She just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

Everyday in every way I'm getting slimmer and slimmer.

Ok, rambling now. Bye!!!!