questions about IP products

• I wrote the following on Friday and I can't keep up with all the wonderful posts. Is there any way to see if someone has answered my question on Friday or do I have to go through all the posts since then? Istarted a version of IP this morning. I ordered some items from Lindora and bought a huge bottle of Muscle Pro from Costco. It tasted pretty good and I had it for bf and lunch. Of course my multivit. is not the same brand but I use a for women tablets.
    What other sources are there to buy from that would be cheaper than IP?
    On phase one what is the maximum number of carb grams allowed? Protein? fat?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks BevS so much,
    What other products of theirs have you used safely (i.e. did not stop losing weight)?
    Would my rep/coach allow for products to be bought outside of her control? I mean they make a living out of this, don't they?
    Do you guys miss fruits?
    Does the soy from health food market have as much protein?
    I have in the past bought soy chips from them but it didn't have a lot of protein.

• Quote: HEY THERE TX! I searched an found these replies to you since friday. I hope that helps with getting oriented for the week! I couldn't do a proper quote because those threads are closed BUT, here are the details!

TXREALTOR:
    Every day since January I questionned myself whether I could do it or not! Had my ups (like right now!) and downs (when I broke to tears saying I can't do this anymore and/or cheated!). A good advice would be to follow the plan and postpone every temptation to 30min. after the next meal. That is usually when I feel great about myself, about the plan and not hungry! It is easier then to say I don't need this food, I am worth feeling good about myself and... maybe I'll eat a piece when I am done with the program!

Hi SylnieG,
    I am inspired by your progress but was hoping that after being on the program for so long, you wouldn't get hungry and the amount of food would be enough. Are you hungry when you are tempted or do you crave carbs and food you can't have?
    I have a couple of questions for the more experienced ladies on IP:
    Do you know about MIM (muffin in a minute) from Atkins? Can you use that in IP? I have horrific constipation problems that when I am on low carbs plans worsen. It seems like what ever I do is only good for a short time and my body ajusts to it, so that it won't work any more. This has been the case with colace, dulcolax, fiber, roughage, acidophilus (I guess this can be counted as probiotic), magnesium, metamucil and water with all of these. of those who have the same problem, what works for you on this plan?
    One other concern I have is not only missing fruit but also the fact that not eating them puts me down the wrong road! MIM has been working for me so far but I was wondering if it can be used on IP.

I check this forum with a lot of excitement every time. I am amazed at how many people are as engaged in this plan as I have only met one person who has been on it.

BEV S REPLIED:
    I looked it up on line and here is the recipe:

"Muffin in a Minute (MIM)
    Nutritional Information
    Per Serving:

Net Carbs: 3.2 grams
    Fiber: 8.8 grams
    Protein: 12 grams
    Fat: 18 grams
    Calories: 243

Makes: 1 serving

Ingredients:

1/4 cup flax meal (8.09 total carbs, 7.6 fiber)
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder (0.64 net carbs)
    1 packet splenda packet (0.9 net carbs)
    1 teaspoon cinnamon (1.84 total carbs, 1.2 fiber)
    1 large egg (0.6 net carbs)
    1 teaspoon butter
    (can add tablespoon of sour cream to make more moist)

Directions:

Put the dry ingredients in a coffee mug.
    Stir.
    Then add the egg and the butter. Mix.
    Microwave 1 minute (or more). Take out. slice, butter, eat.
    Cream cheese would go nicely, too.
    The shape of this can be changed by making it in a bowl.
    It can be "toasted" once it's cooked.
    The cinnamon can be replaced. I would imagine that any sugar free syrup could be added.
    Some people count the flax as a carb/fiber wash, so then the net carbs would be 2.78."

If it were me, I would use one of my teaspoons of olive oil in place of the butter and use the MIM in place of a meal packet. 12 protein grams is a little light. You could have half of a protein shake with 0 to 1 carb in addition to the muffin. And, of course, don't use the sour cream, cream cheese, or butter for spreading. The fat content is pretty high though. Nine of those grams are in the flax meal. You could use 1 or 2 egg whites instead of a whole egg to cut the fat down. The rest of the fat would be in the olive oil, which we need every day anyway. Remember, your body doesn't get knocked out of ketosis by fat. However, it has to burn the dietary fat before burning your body fat. The fat in flax meal is really high quality though and high in Omega 3's. It's your call. Oh, yeah, I'd count it as a restricted item due to the higher calorie content and fat content.

Well, TX, I didn't ask my coach. I just took the bull by the horns and did it. It worked OK for me. The Lindora site has a lot of success stories to read about. I actually only ordered once from Ideal Protein after paying $300 for my quick-start package. That's when someone on this forum told me about Lindora. I told my coach I was using some substitutions to save money, and she seemed fine with it. She is a young, married mom still living at home with her parents to save money. She has still been supportive. Many coaches might not be though.

TX REALTOR:
    Thanks BevS so much,
    What other products of theirs have you used safely (i.e. did not stop losing weight?). Would my rep/coach allow for products to be bought outside of her control? I mean they make a living out of this, don't they? I was speaking with this coach and asking questions from her about IP. By the middle of the conversaion, we figured out that it would take me an hour or more each way to go for weigh-ins and she was nice enough to give me the name of another coach closer to me (hence only the name and not the number) and she quickly said she had to hang up. Not that I blame her, she found out I had no economic usefulness for her and stopped caring. Now, a good rep would continue to help (especially since I was uncomfortable by then as well and wanted to not take any more of her time either) and I could have referred to her other friends living close to her. Some of us never learn.

Do you guys miss fruits? I have to go out of town tomorrow but am planning on seeing this other coach sometimes next week. Should I try reading the attached info on the sticky and buy from Lindora first?
    BTW, does the soy from health food market have as much protein? I have in the past bought soy chips from them but it didn't have a lot of protein in it.
    Hey BevS,
    How long have you been on IP? You lost 50 lbs and I know we are all different but was wondering.

BEV S REPLIED:
    Hey, TX, I used the berry and strawberry creme smoothies, the cheesecake, the custard creme pudding with toffee bits, and the caramel nut bars as a restricted item. I also sometimes made a shake out of whey protein isolate and the Walden Farms chocolate syrup and made crepes using sugar free pancake mix and whey protein isolate that were about 3 1/2 net carbs or something like that. I started the diet on Jan. 5 and reached goal today. The first week I lost 6 1/2 pounds and the second week 3 1/2. After that it got less and less the closer I got to goal, but I never had a week where I didn't lose something, plus I always lost inches. When I started, my measurements were 44-41-44, with the waist measurement around the belly button and I was wearing size 16 in jeans. Today my measurements are 38-29-36 and I'm wearing a size 6 in jeans. I'm really not trying to convince anyone to go with substitutions. I'm just saying I did and it worked for me. I think Ideal Protein is way overpriced and they could do better by their clients. You might try starting out with a coach and go IP all the way and decide how much support you're getting there before you decide to do it on your own or not.

I was talking about soy nuts. As far as I know, they have the same amount of protein no matter where you get them. I don't know about the chips as I didn't use them.

SYLVIE G REPLIED:
    It depends on the day and of what I am eating... For example, if I eat the omelette for breakfast, sometimes I get hungry before lunch. Most of the time, it is carb or "illegal" food cravings. When it happens, I now am able to wait until the next meal or until the urge goes away. Hope it helps!
  • Quote: What other sources are there to buy from that would be cheaper than IP?
    On phase one what is the maximum number of carb grams allowed? Protein? fat?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would my rep/coach allow for products to be bought outside of her control? I mean they make a living out of this, don't they?
    Do you guys miss fruits?
    Does the soy from health food market have as much protein?
    I have in the past bought soy chips from them but it didn't have a lot of protein.
    I don't use alternate products but we do have a thread for alternates that discusses lindora, matol, new lifestyles and dr bereinsteins(sp). some one might be able to help you with that who is using one of those.

If you buy all your product outside of your coach, maybe you have an issue as they do make money off the food BUT, probably you could supplement and do ok. Some people have gone to ideal to go or done this on their own with the alternate products.

YES... I miss fruit. When I am at my worst, I use the berry yogurt drink, the mango, or the pineapple. It helps me out a lot. If you are in Canada maybe the orange drink would be helpful.

Soy will vary. You must read the label for ingredients and nutritional content to see if it is ok. I try to avoid soy isoflavones as much as possible.

Watch the soy chips. you can go to the ideal to go site to compare the nutritional data for the soy puffs and see if you can find a chip that is similar in content.