New Chick

• Hi all,

I started out on a new lifestyle today having gotten to a point where I literally woke up one morning and decided something had to be done. I've been gradually putting weight on more and more over the past 7 years or so and as a result have developed insulin resistance and polycystic ovarian syndrome. It's because of this latter PCOS that I'm trying to lose weight. I'm 207.5 as of this morning and would like to get down to 150.

I'm 36 years old, live in Tennessee close to the Alabama state line and got laid off recently. I'm turning lemons into lemonade though and am going to school for a degree in computer science which will eventually be a career change, I was a secretary.

I'm married, have fur kids in two handsome doggies and a cat and love to garden hence my user name which I picked after my beautiful tea roses that are currently in bloom.

It's nice to meet you all, I'll be looking forward to seeing more of you on the forums.
  • Hi and welcome!

As long as you stick to it, you WILL reach your goals! You're in great company here and we're glad to have you! Good luck with everything!
  • welcome
  • Hi and welcome to 3FC!

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
    Michelle
  • Hi! Welcome to the site.
  • Welcome.
  • You have a good attitude! The glass truly can be half FULL always! Good luck with your goals!

• Best of luck on your journey
  • Hello and welcome!! I also have PCOS and was told my my doc that losing weight would be a smart idea!
  • This is probably one of the best sites to be on--awesome support system! Good luck and you WILL reach your goal.
  • hello and welcome
  • Welcome! Welcome! Good luck with your goals.

Dhani