W.O.W. Memorial Day Challenge 2010 Last WEEK!!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Happy friday everyone. Scale isn't budging for me even though I've done really well with food all week. Darn it anyway. I'm gonna come back later and post after my workout.
  • Okay, I am back

I had a crazy week this week. But I did get in some decent workouts even though I missed Tuesdays.

today I ran 5.8 miles. It was so nice to have a slow day at the gym. Also I am getting in 15 minutes of abs and strength as soon as I get in some water.

W 80 oz
    E 65 minute run; 15 abs and strength
    E 1400 cals
    D watch my food.
  • Bummer MamaP, thought I had an extra week in there. Oh well, still gonna shoot to get out of the 50's!!
  • Mothermavis ~ I felt the same way when I realized it was a week closer than I thought. The postive is that it puts me one week closer to going to visit my daughter and her family.

229.8 this morning! Woo hoo!
  • Yay Kris!!!!

No workout today. I went and bought myself a new car. Its not fancy but I love it.
  • Good for you Jeni, what did you get?
  • I got a Kia Forte. Its the base model. Its so roomy for me and the kids. I love it.

I'm irritating myself. I am putting everything else ahead of myself again. Why do I do this. I wont get a chance to run today but I hope to tomorrow. I keep drinking beer which is why the dang scale keeps sliding up. ERRRRRR I need to control myself better.
  • Still hitting at least 1600 calories/day. Gonna stick with it for a month...even after seeing 183.6 on the scale yesterday. WTH???? Back to 181.4 today though. Go figure. TOM should be arriving anytime now.

My darn Gruve has bumped me up yet again. Now I need to burn something like 806 calories/day. If I make goal 8 out of 14 days, it will bump me up. Maybe I should start cheating and take it off sometimes.

My 5k race is in 2 weeks so I really have to work hard so I can run the whole thing. I am going to try and do 3 miles tomorrow as practice. The furthest I've gone so far is 2.6.
  • Mindy, let us know how it goes! You are taking measurements too, right? Sometimes, even if you don't see it in the scale, if you see it on the tape, it's just as rewarding!

Jeni, just looked up your car, very nice!! Good for you.

I finally bit the bullet and joined the Y. Had to sign the boys up for the summer so they had a gym while they were home from college and just went with the Family membership. OS taught me how to play racquetball yesterday! Love it!
  • I made it! My goal for this challenge was to get below 230. Yay! Now on to the 4th of July Challenge.

Week 1: 247.4
    Week 2: 241.2
    Week 3: 240.5
    Week 4: 236.4 (the 220's are in sight)
    Week 5: 235.6
    Week 6: 237 (Monday, May 10)
    Week 7: 232.8
    Week 8: 230.2
    MEMORIAL DAY: 228.4
  • Kris~ Awsome you are down to your goal!!! I am so proud of you you have done so great.

Mindy~you can do it, keep up the practice. My scale and yours are trying to drive us both crazy.

MM~Thats exciting, I hope you love your Y like I love mine. Really it was the greatest choice I ever made.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...ml#post3316535