Maintaining but still feel fat

• I've lost 30 pounds and decided to stop 5 lbs above my goal because I'm so skinny and bony in certain places, but my thighs are still fat
    Sometimes I feel like they're a good size, but other times they feel huge!
    I know they're smaller than they were before, but I'm not happy with them

Does anyone else still feel overweight even after maintaining?
  • Yep, all the time. I lost 121 lbs and I've got loose skin to top everything off! I can only hope to one day take care of that! You are not alone.
  • You?? But you're so thin in your picture!

At least I'm not alone, let's hope things will work themselves out over time!
  • It's a bit of a myth that we think when we reach that magical "maintenance" # that suddenly we will love how we look ~ at least I thought I would. Not really so. You can't spot reduce, I would recommend looking into strength training as a method to reshaping your body. When I was 5'5 and 109lbs (no typo there), I thought I still looked terrible. A few years of weight training and up to 5'5 and 125lbs pre-pregnancy, I looked fantastic. It really can make a difference.
  • I hope I love my body when I get to my goal weight.

I suggest toning and strength training. That might help.
  • I do strentgh training 5, sometimes 6 times a week, leg muscles tend to be my prime...uh..spot that I work out :P
  • My belly. AARG! Muffin top seems to happen even if I'm wearing loose pants unless I suck in my gut or wear a body shaper.

I guess my expectations were too high since the last time I was this thin was pre-pregnancy and there's been a lot of water under the bridge since then. Although I'm disappointed at how I look at this weight, I know it was a lot worse with an extra 45 lbs.
  • yoyoma- I love love love your avatar!
    And being the thinnest since pre-pregnancy is still awesome
    I need to tell myself that I'd be a lot worse too if I still was in the upper 160's