I feel like a ten year old!

• I bought my bike today!!

It's PURPLE! I wanted something STURDY, so I opted for a Schwinn Mountain bike. If that baby won't hold me, nothing will!

Oh, and super duper thanks to whoever posted about the smoothie/icecream. Just came back from my workout. 1/2 cup milk, 1 cup blackberries, 1 scoop protien powder (Jillian Michaels Vanilla) and ice cubes, I feel like I am eating ice cream for breakfast! This will so get me through ice cream season! I made a pineapple/banana one too the other day, the only thing missing on my tropical ice cream was an umbrella. Deeeelish!

Ice cream and bikes....bring on summer!
  • Isn't biking wonderful!? I got a bike two years ago, after doing research online for one that could hold me at my weight. I really enjoy it, even though I can't bike more than 30 minutes at a time yet.

This morning, my 9yo and I went for a ride. It's her first real ride this year, and she's still relying on training wheels, so we went much slower than I'm used to... so slowly in fact that I had to stop a number of times so I wouldn't fall over! But I got a lot of practice in on control and fine manipulation, and can still feel the results in arms and legs afterward (though not the elevated heart rate and wobbly legs after my own pace of riding).

Way to go! Biking is such fun, and fairly inexpensive, and very healthy, and eco-friendly to boot!
  • YAY! Congratulations on the new bike - and now no looking forward to the ice cream man driving by - those smoothies sound yummy.

Planning to buy my bike this coming week so my boyfriend and I can ride in the evenings ... I live right next to a trail that's open for walkers and bikes, so it'll be nice to be able to ride there and up to a close park as well. I'm nervous since I've only ridden once in the past 15 years or so - and that was up and over the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco ... and the winds literally blew me over three times into the metal bars. Interesting ride. More than I anticipated So hopefully your rides are much calmer and more enjoyable.

Have a great Saturday!
  • LOL!! I love it! Congrats
  • Sounds like a lot of fun; happy riding!
  • Sounds fab! Enjoy it
    This is something I think I'll have to get in the future when my baby grows up and wants a bike... it'll be either cycling myself or running alongside her!
  • Oooh, purple - I'm jealous.

Congratulations! And yes, you will feel like a kid again! I absolutely love biking and have a road bike and a mountain bike. It's great fun and a fabulous workout. Most towns have a local bike shop where local groups organize rides, including beginner ones. You can even look around in your area for charity bike rides if you're interested. They have them for all different sorts of causes (for example, diabetes, MS, cancer, literacy) and different distances (like anywhere from 8 to 100 miles) so there's something for everyone. It's a great way to get your exercise while helping others!

Oh, and that smoothie sounds delicious. I may have to steal that idea.
  • Jello legs is back.... recovered from the elipical and have actually found a good pace /time on that and the treadmill.

Then enter..... a real bike and real roads..... one word "OUCH!"
    LOL

I made it 3 blocks and back, the only good thing I can say is: since it is uphill away from my house, it was coasting downhill all the way back, good thing since my legs quit working 4 minutes before I made it home....
  • I want a bike. I haven't rode/ridden(?) one since I was 11 lol. It's going to be a lot of fun!
    Where do you get the Jillian Michaels Vanilla Protein Powder?
  • I bought it at WalMart, it had the most protein for the least carbs I could find
    In the pharmacy where the protien bars and things are sold.
  • I wanna bike! Have any pics of it?
  • Nothing rocks more then a purple bike! Congrats.