Bikini after 40? Need advice on this issue!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello, just starting on this web site and love it so far!!!
    Anyway, I have a question, I never used a bikini when I was younger mostly because of self-esteem issues. Now at 45, and after loosing almost 35 pounds , I am considering whether or not it would be appropiate for me to wear one. My husband is all for it, so that it not an issue!!
    It would be nice to hear what others have to say on this...

Thx,

Caribbean Girl
  • GO for it! You look terrific! Enjoy! Congrats on the weight loss - you've done a great job!
  • you look wonderful!! age doesn't matter!
  • If you can rock the bikini, do it!
  • I TOTALLY say go for it! I've seen many women in that age range look absolutely FABULOUS! If you've got it, flaunt it
  • Definitely, go for it ....and congrats! If you take a quick drive over to the beach, you'll be pleased to see that many fit women up into their sixties are wearing them...and they look great. I'm over on the mid-lower Gulf coast of FL, but I can't imagine it's any different over across the way from here. Have fun!
  • Go for it!! woohoo!! sexy lady!
  • Thx all for your timely replies!!! I'll keep you posted on how it goes and maybe some pics also?

Wish you all I great summer, althought I know we'll stay in touch!!

Caribbean girl
  • Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.

Oh yeah, yes.
  • Absolutely! Age does NOT matter - go for it!!
  • Another agree here.

I'm 42 and prefer bikini's on me - i think they look heaps better than a 1-piece and much more convenient.
  • Do it! My mom is about the same weight as you, and she can rock a bikini at 48!
  • Do it! You are so gorgeous-- you don't look anywhere NEAR 40!
  • Absolutely do it! You are beautiful, so rock it.

I wore my first one last summer and I'm 38. I got one from Victoria's Secret, and love it.
  • go for it!!!! I'm sure you look absolutely amazing!

I always feel really self conscious when i wear one, and if this is your first time, then bring a back up to cover up if you feel the need.