OT - My boyfriend's mom

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Some of you here know that I have a lot of social, emotional and mental instabilities and issues so it makes it difficult for me to relax and enjoy new people. I have met my boyfriend's mom previously, as some of you may remember, and I have seen her a couple brief times since then and talked to her on the phone a few times. She called here yesterday and had my boyfriend ask me to go shopping with her today. Of course, I started stressing immediately about being out and about alone with his mom. After a few hours of consideration, I decided to go for it and I am really glad I did. We had a really good time and everything was light and fun and no stress. I just wanted to share this with all of you here that I consider my 3FC family
  • Congrats on overcoming your fear ... I am glad you had a good day
  • Thanks
  • That's wonderful! Or should I say onederful?
  • Hehehe thanks
  • I'm so glad to hear that you had a good time! It sounds like fun!
  • Thank you
  • Glad you had a good time.
  • Awesome! (I've been married for 21 years and still have some anxiety issues when I'm alone with my dear Mother-in-law...lol )

So, now...what did you buy? Get any cool new clothes or stuff?
  • Nah, no new clothes, just some nifty do-dads for the house lol
  • Awesome that you faced your fears and had a good time! I've struggled w/anxiety around people, so I get it. Tonight I almost didn't go out w/my DH and his friends for dinner - I'm feeling fat & uggo today. But, I went and had a very nice time. AND I didn't overeat!
  • Thanks Koo and congrats
  • Oh wow. I'm with Lori. No way could I do that with my MIL after 12 years of marriage. It would NOT be stress free. But that's what I want to do with my DIL's when the time comes. The cycle of treating your DIL's like crap ends with me!!!
  • glad you had a good time with bf's mom!
  • Congrats on getting out! Here's hoping that you will become more and more comfortable expanding your social circle, including bf's mom! There's a whole world out there--embrace it.