Doing our own thing! #5

You're on Page 11 of 23
Go to
  • Well, I wanted to check in and say good morning, I don't think I will be on the Internet today much, since I am starting this new job. I doubt if they would approve of that. I will miss that about my last job, they encouraged you to surf the net on your down time. This will probably be more like a REAL job.

So, good morning to everyone, Tig, I hope your son is feeling better....

And DNW, at the top of this forum, there is a sticky thread about the journals. Check it out. It is also on the main forum list, where you can post about any problems or technical questions that you might have.

Have a great day!
    Tiff
  • Good Morning. I've managed to hold my cookies. No, I didn't REALLY eat cookies. Still feeling bla, but hope'n I escape w/o hugging the porclein. DS went to school. Said he felt fine and was acting fine. Hope the school nurse doesn't have to call me again today. My boys have kept her busy this year.

The book store should be calling today to tell me the kathy Smith book has arrived....AND, the furniture delivery should be calling to arrange the delivery time of the SECTIONAL! Holy smokes, I've gotta get the livingroom ready.

Tiff, hope you like the new job...and don't have any dreadful *itches
  • Am I boring? Am I predictable? Am I .... gasp ... a dull girl????

I went into the hair dresser last night and she said, oh I guess you just want me to trim the ends...

Humph!

How boring....

"Um, no," said I. "Make it SHORT!!!"

Forgot to step on the scale this morning. (Now there's a first, eh?) Wonder how much 3-1/2 inches of thick hair weighs?? Maybe I should have scooped it all up off the salon floor and put it on a scale, eh?

Boring indeed....

Of course, this morning I'm feeling a bit of a draft at the back of my neck. Oh and how come it always looks nice when the hairdresser styles it but the next morning.....?? Oh well. I'm feeling only a tiny bit of the "lost hair remorse" today. So far, so good.

Have to go to mean doctor man today. I'm leaving in a couple hours and hope to be back by 1:00. I'm planning to go in there and tell him he has to fix me before the next time Aunt Flo comes to kick my butt again. We'll see what he has to suggest.

OK since this is a weight loss forum after all I guess I'd better mention it. After my appt. I had a meeting at the VFW and didn't get home till almost 9. Would have been earlier but I HAD TO stop at the Burger King for something for dinner. Can't be expected to cook so late at night, can I? Bad news is I ate all the fries. Good news is I decided I didn't really need a chocolate shake.

Baby steps...
  • Tiger - we'll just call you "IRON GUTS." Nothing, not even 2 sick family members, can make this gal heave.

Jello - you NEVER bore me!! I think there's always SOME remorse the next day. If it's only a little bit then you'll probably end up loving your hairccut.

Last time - I was terrified!! Of course, I only had about an inch of hair left, LOL. But I remember standing in the bathroom with cold sweat literally dripping off me styling that hair, and restyling that hair... because I did it on Saturday, AND had some drastic highlights put in, and had church on Sunday... So I put on my not-just-brave-but-downright-in-your-face face and went... After like 100 hugs and every woman there putting her fingers in it and telling me she liked it I felt a lot better. And none of them knew I woke up and screamed what have I done!! LOL.

Going to check out the journals...
  • Yep, iron guts, that's me...knock on wood.

I get my haid cut next week. I've been doing the messy flippy thing for a long time now. Ready for a change. Think I found a more simple, easy style....if my hair will conform.

Jello, you'll have to post a new picture. What were you going for, professional career look, was that it?

• Went to WalMart last night and couldn't find the Kathy Smith book. I'll try another store this weekend.

I hope everyone has a good day.....

Oh, I'm being moved at work, so have to pack and then won't be here on Friday, as that is move day and everything will be "unplugged". I'll check back later.

TTFN
  • Dyan, my walmart didnt have the book either. You may end up needing to go to a bigger book store.

Can you believe my CAT IS SICK! I put a call into the vet, and wait'n for them to call me back. good grief.

On the up side, I have no appetite.
  • Top of the Morning to Ya! Believe it or not we finished with the painting. I actually got to bed about mid-night and up this morning doing my stamping. Looked pretty good to me, but the real test will be when hubby get home tonight. My legs hurt, my feet hurt, my hands hurt and even my butt hurts, I'm too old for these marathon projects. Got to get home and vacuum up all the dust bunnies and put the furniture back in place.
    Went to the dentist for a cleaning this AM and now have a place on one of my gums that hurts. Don't know if she slipped or what.

Swish, I'm jetting home for lunch....ugh vacuuming.
  • Hello!

Semo, Youre just JETTING around everywhere arent you?? lol. Im flattered youve picked up my word, now if i can just get a few more, then maybe i can.......TAKE OVER THE WORLD! lol. just kidding.

Jello, Helllooooooooo how are you???

Huntress, I misss you!!!! e-mail me girlie! whats new???

Tiff, thanks for the lecture! i appreciate it i really do.....im feeling alot better today, well actually im sick today but, i feel better about things....

Cafe, so HOW long was your hair? and HOW short did it get???
    Im kinda thinking of somewhat of a change...but i dont know what!

Tig, hope everyon is feeling better!!

Dyan, good luck with your surgery..try not to be scared!!!

ok well, im going back to bed! i will talk to you all later!
    luv
    Kayla
  • Is this a happy face? Nope.

I need one of these. All together now....

OK, I'm officially scared. Saw doc. this morning and now, I'm scheduled for a biopsy on October 24. But he promises to fix me. I'm not going to worry. I'm not going to worry. I'm not going to worry.

In other news, I resisted the urge to drown my sorrows with comfort ice cream and feel-better fries, etc. Actually, I'm feeling a bit "crampy" and queasy. Hm, could be a good thing. Right, Tig?

BTW Tig, I believe the look I was going for with this hair cut was more of a "this is easy and I don't have to spend hours and still look like I should just shave my head and be done with it" look. "Professional career" will take a lot more than just good hair.

I have to get back to work. We have a big contract with a French company and they're all coming to visit to discuss and argue and hash and rehash. Guess when. Yep, October 24. Ooh, boss is going to be so very pleased. Not.

Tough
  • Jello, DH shaves his head. The last couple of years he has let it grow out/got a real hair cut in October for my bday. Doesnt look like that is happening this year. I keep saying when I turn 40 I'm gonna shave mine. Can you imagine the ease!
  • Hello my girls!!

Tig, you are going to end up sick yet! LOL, I can't believe your cat is now sick too.

Jo, good for you for cutting your hair! I'm sure you feel much lighter! And I won't mention the biopsy, and how much we love you and how we will be saying a prayer for you...and all that, cause I know you don't want to hear it.

To the rest of you girls, it looks like you are all hanging in there and doing excellent!

Dyan, good luck with the moving!

Kayla, you are still making me dizzy!

Cafe, I am so glad you are here more often and in such good spirits! I love it!!

Semo....sounds like you exercised your BUTT off girl! That always feels good to get so much accomplished!

Huntress, how is the guy situation going? Any new developments?

Well, the job went well. The women in the office are all pretty much elderly. So, they either have been there since Jesus was a boy or they hired them older so they wouldn't have to pay them much. LOL....actually, they have been there for quite a while, so they must pay them pretty good. They all had REALLY nice cars and they were very nice. It is starting to get busy because we start absentee voting tomorrow and people are changing their address and registering to vote and it is pretty hectic and will only get more hectic the closer we get. But I love it. I just hate that I can't get to my girls here during the day. I was having withdrawal.

My eating was good yesterday and great today. I exercised last night and am getting ready to now, so I think my slump is over. I am just super pleased with myself, that I stayed here and didn't run and hide and give up on myself like I have so many times before. I am LARGE AND IN CHARGE, my friends! (not large for long!)

I went to Kohls last night to find a pair of black pants for work. I had a pair of 20's, that were stretchy and I had to pull them up, often, but was still wearing them. I was looking last night in the Misses section, and took a pair of 18's and they were too big. I was able to fit comfortably in the 16's. And I was on ...so this IS working, this IS progressing and I am thrilled with myself. And I did decide to do the health club. As a Christmas gift for myself. I will be done with my Kathy Smith 12 weeks by the end of the year and then I want to have some other options. So, I will be doing that for myself after Christmas. However, if I am loving the Kathy Smith and want to continue another 12 weeks, I will be doing it at the gym. Plus, I LOVE raquetball and maybe I would like to try the Yoga class.

Options, options. I love them.

And, my friends, I love you too. *smoooootch*
    Tiffany
  • Hi all:

Had a real aggrevating conversation with my sister who swears I will never lose weight eating 1600-2000 cals. a day. Meanwhile as you all know because I have kept no secrets here I have lost 5.5 since becoming a member of the site and keeping in touch with all of you!!

You know when it's family, especially an older sister, you almost start to believe them...and then you remember how miserable they've make you feel over the course of your lifetime...and you snap out of it and come to your senses and tell them to #%&!X#%&% and then some.

Maybe my calories are a lot for now but hey if i can lose weight without nawing my arm off why not...and it is low fat and carbs and at 265 I need to be able to lift those barbells and tote that barge or some crap like that

just venting that's for your patience and you don't have to respond unless this strikes a chord with you or sounds familiar.

Love, DNW
  • I meant thanks for your patience, not that's for your patience, sometimes i'm such a yutz!!!!!!!
  • Good morning ladies..........

DNW - Do what feels right for YOU, you know your own body better than anyone else. You might want to consider just not sharing your plan with those who only want to criticize you.

Tiffany - Glad to hear that you're liking your new job.

SEMO - Hi! Sounds like you need a nice relaxing bubble bath or a massage. All that hard work deserves a reward!

Kayla - I will email you the first chance I get.

Dyan - How are you feeling these days? I hope your employer isn't making you physically move things, that can't be good.

Sorry I'm behind, I've only had a chance to skim most of your post lately. Went walking last night, really made me feel better. Stress is killing me lately but will silly me get out and walk it off.....heck no! I know it does a world of good for me, but I just come home and plop down in front of the TV most days and fall asleep. Only reason I decided to do it last night is because the cable is out, seems an electric pole caught on fire and the line is down. They say they can't be here to fix it before Saturday, guess I'd better go invest in a pair of bunny ears. Better yet, this might be an opportunity to get off my lazy butt and get outside. I have to admit the weather was really nice last night with a cool breeze, it felt SO good.
    OK, so I have a confession to make............I whine all the time about not having a walking buddy to help get me motivated, but then when I find one they drive me nuts complaining about every little thing, like stuff they don't like about the neighborhood, etc. So then guess what I do........yep..........I ditch them. Guess I've learned my lesson and I just need to make myself get out there and do it on my own.
    I really do feel better today, excercise really is a stress-buster, I should have listened to SEMO a couple weeks ago. Thank you for reminding me sweetie.

Hope you all have a great day.
    Looking forward to the weekend.

LJ