Dry hair

• My hair is pretty dry, even though I condition it. Any tips would be appreciated. It is pretty long too (up to my waist) and curly. It is not horrible but i would really like to bring out its fantabulousness
  • Mayonnaise! Sounds gross I know but just glob some on and clip it up. I let it sit for like 15-20 mins? Then wash it out. It is greasy and it will start getting on your forehead so I just wipe it off as I go. And yes it will smell gross but its the best thing Ive ever tried. Ive tried hot oils and even olive oil but I think the mayonnaise is the best
  • Ill try that tonight!
  • Full fat yogurt, apply it to your hair and leave it for 20 mins, wash your hair with plain water and leave it overnight (it will smell though), next morning shampoo your hair. If you have dandruff problem then add some lemon juice to yogurt. Better dandruff treatment than any of the shampoos.

I have really really dry hair and this is the only solution that shines and condition my hair.
  • Have you had it trimmed recently? My hair gets dry when I don't cut it for more than 2 months.
  • Coconut oil does wonders for my curly dry hair. I put it on at night once a week, and wash it out the next morning. Wash well though, or you'll look greasy.
  • Wasnt able to try the mayo thing last night cause i got home late and forgot to buy it. I will defo try tonight and the other suggestions as well.

i got my hair trimmed maybe 3 months ago so I am def due for another.
  • Do you use a leave in conditioner? I started using one about 3 months ago and it has made a tremendous difference in my hair. I use Aussie (love the smell).
  • Washing it too often in hot water might cause dryness. Your scalp produces natural oils that protect your hair. Washing it alot strips the oils away. I think the habit of bathing/showering each day is really hurting skin/hair. There are a few movements regarding not washing so often. The commercial "product" people want folks to fear oil, dirt, even stinkiness--- when it's a fact that people don't really stink much. If you just wash your obvious bacteria spots, you really don't need to take that many showers/baths. Look up the no-poo people for tips on keeping your hair in great condition while not washing it.
  • My hair is really thick and curly so I only wash it at most 3 times a week or every third day. It is hard to get into the bath or shower and not be able to wash my hair cause it just feels better after I wash it, but I mostly just tie it up.

But the hot water is what I love and most likely does me in lol I will try to cool it down. That def is most likely a factor too.
  • Use a shine serum with silicone in it. I have used Biosilk in the past, but am now using Hask as it's unscented and about half the price. My hair is about halfway down my back and average thickness, I use 2 pumps of the Hask, rub my hands together and smooth it through my hair, combing afterwards to ensure it gets evenly distributed. It makes your hair very soft, silky and shiny. Just keep it away from your roots or it will look greasy.
  • K so day one with the mayo treatment hehe. I have it in a bun atm cause I can never be arsed to fix my hair at 5am in the morning when I wake. i will see how this is when i get home and can see my hair out. I also want to try the yogurt thing next time i wash my hair too. I'm def going to go through all the suggestions and keep you updated . Thanks again all!