Weight Lost on Phase 1 - did it happen?

• Hi there,

Just started SBD today! I was curious how much weight people lost out there on phase 1?

I don't eat that much processed foods, but I do eat a lot of carbs and I'm probably about 10-15lbs over the high limit of "normal" weight for someone 5'6".

Anyone else in the sameish boat who did SBD and saw decent results?

I guess I have it in my head that I'll be lucky if I lose 5lbs in the 2 weeks on phase 1!
  • I lost about 3lbs in the first two weeks. I am 5' 2" and have about 20lbs to lose. You are going to lose about 10% of the weight you want to lose. I am sure I could have lost more but since I had already cut most of the 'bad' carbs out of my diet and was already eating healthy dinners (thanks to my DH being on Medifast) I guess my body was already getting used to eating this way. I know that if I am going to lose what I want that I will need to exercise more!

This is a really good way of eating and I have found the recipes on here really help you feel like you aren't 'missing out'

Welcome!
  • I was already eating weight watchers, but not controlling carbohydrates. I lost 8# in Phase I, out of a total of 20-27# lost and maintaining.
  • I started out with 35 lbs to lose, and I lost 7 during Phase 1, 20% of my total. Unfortunately the loss has slowed WAY down since then, but seeing the results those first two weeks was super motivating!
  • I lost about 18 lbs in the first two weeks, but I am way more overweight than you are. I just had to comment because I realized that you're in San Jose... Im in Santa Cruz! I feel like everyone on here is generally from the East, or even mid west, but I never see anyone close to me. Welcome to the beach!
  • Welcome to the beach

I have done this 3 times and lost between 5 and 8 pounds on PH1. Like you, I did not have that much to lose. I know the loss is great and can be motivating, but the more important part is getting the bad stuff out of your system and getting past cravings.
  • I have two days left in Phase I and I have lost 4 lbs so far. 5 lbs will be 20% of the weight I need to lose, so it looks like I'm about average. Although losing 5 lbs on SB sure beats starving yourself by counting calories! Even on Phase I, I've been stuffed every day. Now that's my kind of diet!
  • Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll post how I did