I'm reading other "sizes" and don't get it

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Try not to be too worried about the size. I mean, you should try to get to a size that you know works for you. I had two friends, BOTH size 12's (legitimately no lycra!) and they looked TOTALLY different. One was very athletic and trim, the other was average and carrying a little extra weight. They were the same height and everything!
  • The human body is insane, that's why. At different weights (and I've weighed all of them at least 3 times now ). There's been a huge variance in sizes just with MY body. I can't imagine the range when you factor in other people!

Right now at 187 my 12's are starting to get loose. But at this weight last time I was in a 14/16. It doesn't make sense but I'm just gonna roll with it! I'm thinking maybe my body is shifting back more after having my daughter 2 years ago? It feels like it changes all the time.
  • Sizes are confusing enough as it already is, since none of it is standardized!

People are always really really confused when I tell that I'm a size 4-6 and I want to lose weight. At 5'3" and 153lbs, I am overweight and I definitely look it. It's just that I take after my mom (we both have very small frames) and even being overweight, I can fit into smaller sizes. On the other hand, I wear much larger sizes up top because I have D cups.. It really all depends on your shape and how your weight is distributed. On top of that, as I mentioned earlier, a size 6 in one store may be the same as a size 8 in another. Don't put so much trust in store sizing, go more by the inches you are losing.