Oh yes! We'll be Primal in May!

You're on Page 22 of 22
Go to
  • Goats milk and cheese are both dairy, Kara. The little you eat is totally harmless, but if they idea is to challenge yourself dairy free, then they gotta go! But do what you want. I am considering the same thing as I have my dairy down to almost nil. A little butter, and very little hard cheese, like parmesan. I haven't had milk or yogurt in a couple weeks.

I would challenge myself to go without nuts, but I'd just as soon go without food. So that's my challenge for June. I am fasting every 3rd day of the month. No food, just water, 36 hour intermittent fasts starting tomorrow, then repeat on the 4th, 7th, 10th, etc. I am getting this fat off of me, and I like intermittent fasting. I've done a bunch more reading, and I don't believe this is going to harm me, and I think it will speed up some gut healing that still needs to get healthy.

We're grilling for Memorial Day and it should be good, chicken, shrimp, hot dogs and hamburgers. It's going to have to hold me until Wednesday morning and there's no nuts around for late night snacking, oh no! I have coconut milk and blueberries though.

I finally weigh in tomorrow. I am very curious to see the number. I do not own a scale, so I cannot find out until 11am tomorrow.
  • Quote: I finally weigh in tomorrow. I am very curious to see the number. I do not own a scale, so I cannot find out until 11am tomorrow.
    Good luck, BibBob, I think you'll do great. I personally weigh every day, I couldn't stand to wait, I don't know how you do it. CJ
  • Quote: Goats milk and cheese are both dairy, Kara. The little you eat is totally harmless, but if they idea is to challenge yourself dairy free, then they gotta go! But do what you want. I am considering the same thing as I have my dairy down to almost nil. A little butter, and very little hard cheese, like parmesan. I haven't had milk or yogurt in a couple weeks.

I would challenge myself to go without nuts, but I'd just as soon go without food. So that's my challenge for June. I am fasting every 3rd day of the month. No food, just water, 36 hour intermittent fasts starting tomorrow, then repeat on the 4th, 7th, 10th, etc. I am getting this fat off of me, and I like intermittent fasting. I've done a bunch more reading, and I don't believe this is going to harm me, and I think it will speed up some gut healing that still needs to get healthy.

I finally weigh in tomorrow. I am very curious to see the number. I do not own a scale, so I cannot find out until 11am tomorrow.
    Figured as much...never thought I'd love goat chz so much! I'm dropping it too. I'm actually extending the challenge to June 20th and then I'll re-evaluate, I go to Florida for a wk on the 20th.

Can't wait to see how your weigh-in goes, how exciting!

The IF's sound good, I hope they help drop the fat. There is something so liberating about IFing for me, not letting food control your thoughts is a long hard lesson I have fought.

CJ- I weigh everyday also, I can't stand not knowing, wish I could somedays when the scale and I become enemies!LOL!
  • Well waiting a month to weigh has been uncomfortable at times but there is a method to my madness. First, I can get obsessed by the scale and stress about meaningless fluctuations. I can get frustrated and make bad decisions by constantly weighing. I have no intention of weighing myself for the rest of my life. Most lean people let their clothes tell them to drop a few pounds and that's how I want to be eventually. Constant weighing makes me feel like I am in the process of a diet. I've done that so many times it's become part of the cycle I want to break. So rarely weighing is more indicative of just living a new lifestyle -- that hopefully brings me to a healthy weight. That's my thinking anyway.

Also, if you look at my first post here, I broke my scale!
  • I hate the thought of tomorrow being June 1 *sigh* I didn't do well this month at all... I wasn't focused... We'll see tomorrow...
  • First poster up in the morning should measure, weigh and start the new thread doncha think? Pretend you're excited cuz I'm not ... oh well, maybe my measurements will be good.
  • Is there another forum for this as I am primal?
  • Yes Betty! Come! Click on the link in my signature for the August thread.