Any Morel Mushroom fans out there?

• Hey guys,
    I've been kind of MIA on 3FC's lately because I have been spending most of my free time out in the woods mushroom hunting. Morel Mushroom season lasts about 2-3 weeks in my area and this has been one heck of a year so far! We've found around 20 pounds so far on our farm. It is so much fun!

Anyone else like to mushroom hunt?
  • I love them! One of the weird little things I miss most about living in the States is the morels. I did come across some dried ones, which are a good deal better than nothing, but alas, not the same. There's something about just FINDING food in the wild that's so cool and so much fun.
  • i let the local hunters do it for me and buy them at the farmers market. think it would be fun to try some time though.
    i tried morels for the first time last season and... well i just didn't love them as much as i thought i would. am a big mushroom fan though. maybe i just didn't do what i should have with them.
  • I love mushrooms, but morels are the one kind I don't like. However, my family LOVES them, and they go morel hunting every year until they have enough to fill a GIANT jar (when they're dried) to have for the entire next year.
  • My morning breakfast for the last 2 weeks has been awesome. I slice 5-6 mushrooms, (or more depending on size) 1 large leek and 4-5 asparagus spears, (from the garden) and sautee them in a little cooking spray with garlic salt and pepper. When they are nice and tender I crack 2 eggs over the top and cover until the eggs set. I then add 1 oz cheese, melt over the top and then serve it over 2 pieces of low calorie wheat bread. The most delicious meal imaginable, (for around 325 calories). It is very filling to boot!
  • oh man that sounds delish.
  • I'm so jealous you have somewhere to hunt them. They used to grow near my parent's house but we haven't found any in years. I LOVE morels. Mmmmmm.
  • Quote: My morning breakfast for the last 2 weeks has been awesome. I slice 5-6 mushrooms, (or more depending on size) 1 large leek and 4-5 asparagus spears, (from the garden) and sautee them in a little cooking spray with garlic salt and pepper. When they are nice and tender I crack 2 eggs over the top and cover until the eggs set. I then add 1 oz cheese, melt over the top and then serve it over 2 pieces of low calorie wheat bread. The most delicious meal imaginable, (for around 325 calories). It is very filling to boot!
    Had to put this one in my recipe file. Thanks for the post.
  • Love morels. Your breakfast sounds delicious.
  • I am SO JEALOUS!!! You are so lucky. We got maybe 2 meals of morels last year. We've been out a couple times this year but NO luck. I think we will go again some time this week. Enjoy those wonderful little things. lol
  • I tried morels for the first time recently and really enjoyed them. I love your breakfast idea and will definitely be trying it! Thanks for sharing it.
  • I am so jealous...it has been a really bad season in this area due to crazy weather...we have had a little luck not alot but enough to get that craving out of the way until next year...
  • I like mushrooms but not those lol It kind of grosses me out!