Any feedback on the DFW Area MRCs? Advice for someone considering MRC?

• Hi All - I'm new to this forum. I've been trying to find reviews for Metabolic Research Centers because a girlfriend suggested it to me when I mentioned to her that I needed to lose about 40-50 lbs to be at a healthy weight (I'm about to tip 180 lbs - need to be about 135 lbs for my 5 foot frame). I've reached a really low point for myself these days and know I've got an unhealthy relationship with food, and I need to find a way to pull myself back together. Do any of you have experience with any centers in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, specifically Plano or McKinney? I understand that this program is a little pricey (I'm willing to take that step), but can anyone tell me specifically what to expect cost wise? I'd like to find a way to work it into my budget regardless but don't have a clue as to what numbers to expect. Would love any feedback on this program and why it might be the right one - Thanks for any info you can pass along.
  • I cant help you with the area search, but I can tell you I started a 17 week deal where it cost me 298.00 to loose 50 lbs. You can re-up and I will have too for a cheaper price later. I will deal with that then. But you will need to purchase their high nutrient supplements. They are pricey but worth it. You can buy 10 boxes with 7-10 in them for 90 OR 5 FOR 50. You will need to use a HNS at least 3 times a day. But also prepare to buy a digital scale for measuring food, you will need a multi vitamin and fish oil. I buy mine from costco. Cheers this is the best investment I have ever made in my life!
  • Oh for the first month I bought their appetite suppressant, that was 79.00. It helped me, but I wanted to be able to do this with my own will power... so I got off of it.
  • Thanks for the feedback, Ang - after the initial startup, what do you think the monthly maintenance for supplements runs? $100/month? More? Thank you again and congrats on losing 27 lbs!
  • guinevere75, I attend the center in Mckinney and they are great. Ang2877 was right on with the money and it would cost you around $150 to $200 a month for your HNS. It is a great program and I am entering Stabilization next week because I have just about reached my goal. It is a little pricey but well worth it. You will lost the weight, mine was slow because I let the Holidays slow me down. I saved in so many other areas with my eating out and medication that the doctor was trying to prescribe if I had not lost the weight. Good luck to you. sexyrene
  • Also you may be blessed like I was and get in on a special, I received 12 weeks for $99. I re upped for 12 more weeks at $79 a month ago.

sexyrene
  • Thx so much sexyrene - do they run the specials at the center themselves, or is there some ad, coupon or promotional code I can get my hands on?
  • guinevere75, they run the specials at the center themselves.
    sexyrene
  • It can be expensive but well worth it. Good luck!
  • I know I had a bit of sticker shock when I signed up. It cost me $ 398 to loose 100 lbs. I signed up because I'd tried everything else.. A lot of girls I work with did the program and had great success, so I thought why not.

I only do the 3 drinks a day, so I spend about $100 a month on drinks. I don't buy any of the extra supplements/pills they offer. I also take a multivitamin, B6, B12, Biotin and a Omega oil..

The program works. It's not always easy, but it works.. Good Luck.
  • I went ot the Mckinney center as well - great group of gals. Just be prepared for the various sales pitches. Last is the Hormone shots. Also - they tend to be shot of supplies and you have to wait for stuff - so plan a head - especially when duing Medi-Quick!