Skin problem (TMI alert) Dark skin = insulin issues?

• One of the things that scared me into my diet was that I had dark spots on the back of my neck, which according to a lot of stuff online could mean early signs of diabetes because wacky insulin levels cause the dark skin. Anyway, since I've been on my diet I THINK (could be my wishful imagination, but I THINK) it's cleared up a bit. Buuuut today I noticed it's very dark again. And I'm thinking it could be due to all the alcohol and junk food I ate Wednesday and Thursday. Or maybe it's all in my head and it never cleared up.
  • It can be sign for sure. Are you able to see a doctor about it? I have PCOS which is similar in a lot ways to diabetes and this is one of the symptoms of this disease too. I would get into a Dr if you possibly can.
  • I had the same thing when I was having major issues with PCOS as well. In addition, I have days when its really dark, then it will go away for months, then it comes back.

My doctor gave me some sort of cream that clears it up in a couple days. But since it could potentially be something more, its worth getting checked out
  • I really should go to the doctor. I've been putting it off for over a year because I'm so embarrassed about my weight, but it's probably time. I have no real excuse--I'm on my mom's insurance, and it's phenomenal. I just HATE HATE HATE going to the doctor
  • Just go. I've got AN too and I know it's a drag. But it can fade once the IR is better managed.

GL!
    A.