Calorie Counting and Exercise??

• So I've been trying for about 1200-1300 calories per day.

I also exercise about 60 minutes most days of the week.

Am I creating too much of a deficit here? Should I add in more calories to balance the exercise or no? I appear to be losing normally right now, but I don't want to mess up my future metabolism or something.
  • I was reading on the internet about metabolism and heard conflicting reports. WebMD was the most depressing saying that people who diet down to let's say 130 pounds will have a slower metabolism than someone who was naturally 130 to begin with. I guess no matter what, a slower metabolism is inevitable.

On the good side, I think with exercise and physical fitness it doesn't matter b/c exercise boosts the metabolism (temporarily)

People's metabolism also slow with age, but to be honest, I am having a much easier time losing weight now at 40 than I did at 25.

As for increasing your calories, I don't know what to say. I think you could probably lose just as much, if not more with more calories. Experiment and see how you feel. If you feel weak or dizzy, then you probably need more.
  • I would say if you aren't feeling hungry, if you aren't overly tired or dizzy, and still losing at a steady weight, then continue. If there are days here and there you are very hungry- up the calories a bit