W.O.W. Memorial Day Challenge 2010~Week 3

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Week 3 everyone. Summer is getting closer and closer to us. Lets all keep up the good work!

Week 1: 142
    Week 2: 140
    Week 3: 142

Yes the scales up. I'm irritated but not suprised. Sore muscles usually do that to the scale. Plus TOM is on its way. I'm skipping my 5am workout today. My feet need the rest. I tried to put my shoes on and it felt like I was stepping on glass. There is no elliptical available at 5am so I will just go on with my 830 workout today.

W~80 oz
    E 35 elliptical 15 weights 10 row machine
    E 1400 cals
    D laundry and vaccuming
  • Week 3: overall things are going well but not loving life at work right now, so trying not to get down. I started slacking off at the end of the week

Starting Weight: 153, Starting BF ~28.1 (scale)
    Week 2 151.5, ~27.6
    Week 3 150, ~27.3
    Goal for challenge: 147, BF ~25%

W - 64 ounces/day

E - tri training, 4-6 workouts, minimum 1 swim, 1 bike, 1 run, and 1 weight training day (p90x). Latest long run up to 4.5 miles. Focusing on speed with swim this week.

E - keep within 20% of goals, 1500 cals and goal nutrient ranges. Doing better with more complex carbs and less fat. Need to reassess calorie goal next week with increasing workout intensities

D - put in more time on the bike, that 30miler is coming up fast and my behind (literally) is not ready
  • Lobon~at least you got to post a loss! thats great. I hate it when work woes spill over into your personal life.

I got in my workout but I had to be a bit flexible today. People must be sing 6 weeks till memorial day because it was crazy in the gym today. I spent 15 minutes on the summitt climber, then I did my weights, then I did 11 minutes on the row machine, then I ran for 20 minutes. My run was a slow one. I didn't want to push my foot, but all is good.
  • No loss this week - ate poorly over the weekend as my stress-o-meter was really high. BUT- got good news today that a repeat mammogram taken last Thursday was completely normal!

Doing well with eating today & getting ready to go on a brisk walk, then tackle laundry. I'd love to drop 4 lbs. before I head to Phoenix for work on May 1. That's about 2 weeks - I can do it!
  • Week 1- 178.6
    Week2- 175.8 That looks pretty, huh??
    Week 3- 181. REALLY??? how can that happen??
  • Mindy I think our scales are conspiring against us. Mine was at 138 all weekend long, then 142 this morning??? WHAT??? Its irritating isn't it.

Janette~ You can definately lose your 4 pounds by May 1st!!

I started out with a heavy breakfast today (600 cals wow) but it has all evened out now and I will come in at my 1400 cal.
  • Good Tuesday Morning~Where is everyone??

W~64 oz
    E~Workday today. So no work out in store for me. I'm hoping to figure out some me time with the kids' swimming on different days, but I doubt it will happen until next month sometime.
    E~1400 cals journal it. watch the sodium
    D~dont worry about Makenna. Her throat was sore last night, not sure if it was due to the chlorine or not.
  • Looking forward to a productive work day and a good on plan day. Last night, I actually got myself down to the floor and did some floor exercises while watching Dancing with the Stars. That's a big step for me. I also did better with my water yesterday.

Jeni & Mindy - I bet your weight gain is very temporary.

Lobon - Congrats on the 3 lb loss since start of challenge. That's awesome! Don't let go of that focus....

W: 64 oz.
    E: 1200-1400 calories
    E: 30 minutes walking or elliptical, floor exercises 2night again
    D: Super productive day at work - get control of my projects
  • im here .. late start but i made it..
    week 2 255.2
    week 3 244.8

w 64++
    e feeling sick....not in the mood
    e 1200
    d take meds ... i hate coldz.. and the people who give them to you...
  • Getting frustrated with the scale . . . I feel like things are going soooo slowly. I am having trouble hitting my calories - averaging around 1300 over the past 7 days, but had some 1000-1100 calorie days in there. Yesterday I added green smoothies to my diet - hoping that helps some.

Week 1: 247.4
    Week 2: 241.2
    Week 3: 240.5

W: At least 48 ounces of water
    E: Minimum of 30 minutes 5 days a week
    E: Calories within 1400-1600
    D: Get my garden boxes built & planted
  • mamap.. just curious what is in your green smoothies? and how much calories is it?
  • Tiara ~ the smoothie I made yesterday had spinach, a small avocado, one banana, about 8 fresh strawberries and about 2 cups frozen mixed fruit (peaches, mango, grapes, strawberries). After I put it all in my blender (I have a smoothie maker - I think it's Wal-mart brand), I added (bottled) water to about the halfway mark. It made over 2 quarts and I divided that into a small snack before my Zumba class and two full drinks/meals. I figured that it is probably 300-400 calories a quart. Spinach has next to no calories. I used bagged spinach and the entire bag has 40 calories (I used about 3/4 of the bag). Next time I will measure the fruit better so I know the exact calories.
  • Kris - your smoothie sounds wonderful and very healthy! I would not have thought to put those ingredients together but I like all of them. Congrats on the 7 lb. loss!

Hi Tiara! Glad you are out there

Did pretty well yesterday. Tried Peggy's Premium All Natural Edamame yesterday - very good and very filling if you like edamame. Giant Eagle carries it in their frozen food section in a somewhat big box - you get 4 microwaveable bowls with optional sea salt packets. 99 calories for the whole bowl and no trans or sat fats.

W: 64 oz.
    E: 30 minutes elliptical or walking plus floor exercises
    E: 1200 or so calories
    D: Don't get overwhelmed - one thing at a time!
  • good morning everyone. just a quick post this morning.

I'm still trying to work in a way to workout afterwork, but I'm not willing to miss my kids' swim lessons. So I guess I go back to workingout on my days off. I haven't done my 5 am workout at all this week, but I feel fully recoverd my my illness and Tommy is recovered from him, so my next week off it will be back to class.

Its going to be a tough morning for me, I ran out of coffee. I should have another one somewhere (or I though, but I mustve used it already) After my workout I will be hitting the store!

W 80 oz
    E 35 minute run, 25 minute elliptical. I am going to focus on cardio until I am back in the 130's~
    E 1400 cals
    D vaccum, buy coffee.
  • Momto6 ~ the smoothie was pretty good. I have done a lot of searching on the internet for green smoothie recipes so I can't take credit for the combination of ingredients. It was pretty filling. Today I changed it up a little bit - 2 big handfuls of spinach, 1 cup of fresh grapes, 1 avocado, 14 baby carrots (one serving), 1 frozen banana, 3/4 cup frozen pineapple, 3/4 cup frozen peaches, water. It made about a quart and 3/4. I liked it better than yesterdays - drank half of it for breakfast and gonna drink the other half as a late afternoon snack (like around 4 or 4:30). I don't get home from work until after 6 and by then I'm hitting a low blood sugar, so I'm gonna see if the late afternoon smoothie will keep me from going so low. Today's smoothie contained approx 618 calories - divided into two = 309 calories each. The green smoothie may just be the answer to my problem of not getting enough calories.

The scale blinked at the 239 mark today before settling in on 240.2 so I'm thinking I should hit the 230's pretty soon. I'm hoping.